WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Doris Metropolitan

Doris Metropolitan
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very good!! Definitely worth the price. The service was great! We had a table of 3 people. Two ordered steaks and one ordered fish. The steaks were great, cooked to perfection. The fish, salmon, was amazing! It was also served with one scallop, mushrooms and mashed potatoes. Also ordered a mojito, one of the best we have ever had.

• Visited January 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Unforgetable but not in a positive way”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am going to start by saying that the restaurant has good food. I have been here twice and unfortunately on my last visit, my experience was not positive. The food is well made and the atmosphere is pleasant but the service is not as good. Based on the prices you not only expect a good meal but a great service. I have had their beef before (is very good) and on this visit I ordered fish. Due to food allergies I asked the waiter if I could have a different kind of mashed potatoes instead of the mashed potatoes that came on the dish. I was told that there were no substitutions and if I wanted a different kind of mashed potatoes I should order and pay for the side dish. I was very disappointed and our entire party did not have a good time based on this response. After our visit I told our server about our disappointed and the manager's reply was that next time we visited they would do it. Too bad there is not going to be a next time. There are plenty of places in San Jose with excellent dishes that also care about their costumer service.

• Visited January 2013
Cornville, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgetable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were staying at the Ringle Resort and the owner Ed Ringle mentioned Doris Metropolitan. We are not big meat eaters and don't eat red meat, but we were looking for a nice meal in a pleasant atmosphere. WOW!! This place is on the scale of one of the finest NYC restaurants, in fact we can't wait to get back to C.R. to enjoy the food, great service!, and ambiance. We were there in Dec. and if my husband has his way we would be on the plane now, to stay at Ringle Resort which is stellar, and to once again enjoy Doris. We had a filet and shared and still had trouble finishing all the great dishes we tried! Do yourself a favor and visit Doris. You will be thanking your lucky stars that you did. Thanks to the staff and owner of Doris for making our visits to your restaurant memorable. We will return!!!

Calgary, Canada
“Great atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a very nice restaurant. After eating enough rice and beans to last a lifetime, we went here on our last night in San Jose. It is more "American" looking then most restaurants we found. Very modern, and yes expensive. The steaks were great, perfectly cooked. The portions are definitely big enough to share as no one in my party of four could finish. There are some very different cuts of beef and lots of other selections. It's a very nice choice for a special occasion. The staff are pleasant and very professional.

Houston, Texas
“Best place for steak in Santa Ana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Run, don't walk to this great local steakhouse!! Wine selection combined with bread like this -calling this place just A steakhouse doesn't do it justice, I've been to steakhouses, you haven't been to Doris!
If you are looking for a place to entertain clients you want to impress, or even just want to treat you and your significant other to a really special night out, this is the place. The space is just lovely, the staff courteous and attentive and the food is worth a round trip ticket to Costa Rica any day!
They have aged beef, veal, osso buco, lamb and anything else you would care to eat. All of it is cooked to perfection. This place is so good, all I have are cliches to try to describe it! Do yourself that favor and go....thank me later!

1 Thank SuperACamille