“Unforgetable!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were staying at the Ringle Resort and the owner Ed Ringle mentioned Doris Metropolitan. We are not big meat eaters and don't eat red meat, but we were looking for a nice meal in a pleasant atmosphere. WOW!! This place is on the scale of one of the finest NYC restaurants, in fact we can't wait to get back to C.R. to enjoy the food, great service!, and ambiance. We were there in Dec. and if my husband has his way we would be on the plane now, to stay at Ringle Resort which is stellar, and to once again enjoy Doris. We had a filet and shared and still had trouble finishing all the great dishes we tried! Do yourself a favor and visit Doris. You will be thanking your lucky stars that you did. Thanks to the staff and owner of Doris for making our visits to your restaurant memorable. We will return!!!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a very nice restaurant. After eating enough rice and beans to last a lifetime, we went here on our last night in San Jose. It is more "American" looking then most restaurants we found. Very modern, and yes expensive. The steaks were great, perfectly cooked. The portions are definitely big enough to share as no one in my party of four could finish. There are some very different cuts of beef and lots of other selections. It's a very nice choice for a special occasion. The staff are pleasant and very professional.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Run, don't walk to this great local steakhouse!! Wine selection combined with bread like this -calling this place just A steakhouse doesn't do it justice, I've been to steakhouses, you haven't been to Doris!
If you are looking for a place to entertain clients you want to impress, or even just want to treat you and your significant other to a really special night out, this is the place. The space is just lovely, the staff courteous and attentive and the food is worth a round trip ticket to Costa Rica any day!
They have aged beef, veal, osso buco, lamb and anything else you would care to eat. All of it is cooked to perfection. This place is so good, all I have are cliches to try to describe it! Do yourself that favor and go....thank me later!

1  Thank SuperACamille
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a place for real meat lovers. I received what I paid for: a superb beef cut. Some cuts are really too big for only one person like me, so it can be shared. All beef cuts are aged, then prices are above average for locals but good for foreigners from higher standard of living. Good service and charm environment. Recommended for meat lovers even if can go only once.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I couldn't resist, had to write another review. Tis place is wonderful. Hope to go again soon, I would recommend trying the Fillet mignon ;-) it's very tender