“Good food, good service”
Review of Bacchus

Bacchus
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ¡Do a culinary trip through Italy in a rural late XIX century house! We are specialists in artisanal italian cuisine. We cook with classic and fresh ingredients that give unique flavors to our plates. Inside the restaurant, walls vibrate with art collections, which create different spaces that fill the house with color.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Service has come along way. Well worth the trip to Santa Ana from other parts of town.
Not cheap, but the food is above what you find in other upscale Italian restaurants.

1  Thank vilar30

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went for lunch today Sunday with my wife for first time, so we were a little expectant. It was a sunny a warm day then decided to seat at the corridor where the shade and a breeze made it very pleasant. We were accommodated by a kind host lady and received the menu, we took some minutes to decide but after a long wait nobody came to take our order or being nearby to call them so I had to stand up and walk to find a waiter... when one saw me he promptly came to our table very solicitous and apologized for the delay, took our order, promised to call the corresponding waiter and offered a complementary focaccia. After that we, like the rest of patrons, received an excellent and timely attention. Of course, the waiter apologized himself too. A very good and professional response so we forgot the little first incident. The meal was superb. For entrée we ordered Parmigiana Eggplant, my wife told me that his main dish was excellent but she liked the eggplant the most, yes she is right, and you have to share the dish or you won't be able to eat anything else unless a really big stomach. She ordered a delicious Duo of duck agnolotti, with orange sauce and port with pine nuts sauce. I got the Risotto nero frutti di mare, excellent, I knew what was ordered but the waiter was kind enough to warn that the dish sauce is black on black, what sometimes disappoints the unaware people and that the black ink really stains cloths, skins and whatever enter in contact with. Try the Banana and apple phyllo dough croquettes, you will be surprised. The price is also another good surprise, it is not overpriced. My wife was happy, this is the best qualification. Highly recommended.

1  Thank CostaY
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Local art, EXCELLENT service, has the salmon with toasted almonds!
Good wine selección.
My favorite restaurant in Costa Rica!

2  Thank Duncan H
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This my absolute favorite Italian/Mediterranean place in Costa Rica. The scallop pasta is to die for, almost literally. I would probably eat there every day if I could. The fish carpaccio (sp?) is also delicious. Surprisingly, the value is tremendous. I went the other day and ordered two main courses, with a good bottle of red wine for $80. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :)

2  Thank ltweet
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This has to be the best restaurant in Santa Ana. The restaurant is modern and located in a very secluded area - but right in town. The wine selection is fabulous. I had a grilled seafood and vegetable dish that came on a cast iron sizzling plate. Fantastic flavors. My wife had the rib eye with a thick brown sauce. The sauce had potatoes in it but then they also served the meal with a side of mashed potatoes that tasted like they were from a box. No vegetables. The steak was okay but she has had better. Service is always great and the atmosphere is perfect. We will go back.

2  Thank Howard P