“Enjoyed our trip to Costa Rica!”

Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Santa Ana
More attraction details
Owner description: GO! Tours Costa Rica is a group of professionals born and raised in Costa Rica, passionate about the natural wonders of this small piece of land, dedicated to the conservation and protection of our natural resources, who strive every day to make your vacation an unforgettable experience.We invite you to enjoy the natural richness of this peaceful land, and wish that sometime in the future, you will come back to visit your friends at GO! Tours. We offer the best tours in Costa Rica at the lowest rates available.
Mililani, Hawaii
“Enjoyed our trip to Costa Rica!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I just got back from C.R. We spent 5 days in C.R. and had a fantastic time, thanks to GoTours. Erik was great in arranging our whole trip, we only had a few days we could spend in C.R., but wanted to see all we could in that time. Erik put together a tour package for us that allowed us to do all the "must see's" and "do's" in the time we had and was also our guide. The tour was well organized and semi-private. We got to experience food, places and events most large tour groups would not and stayed in some very nice and exotic places. Thank you Erik and GoTours for making our trip to C.R. hassle free, well planned and best of all so much fun.

Visited February 2014
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 13, 2016
Dear nita102,

Thanks for this review about your trip to Costa Rica we highly appreciate this feedback.

I’m very glad that you guys had such a great time, that you were able to see all the “must see” and “must do” in Costa Rica and not to forget that thanks to the fact that Erick was great at organizing the trip for you guys and that you were able to see all the things you wanted and were able to visit some exotic places in the time needed.

One of the things that people love the most about Costa Rica is the great traditional dishes; I’m pleased to know that you were able to enjoy some of our dishes during your stay in Costa Rica.

It brings me great happiness to hear that Erick was able to coordinate this amazing trip for you and that everything went perfect and hassle free. Here at you tour we will be more than glad to have you in our lovely country once again and it will be our pleasure to plan another great trip to see more things that Costa Rica has to offer.

“Fantastic Trip!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I had contacted other companies also but decided to use Go Tours Costa Rica due to the responses I got from Steven, who worked with me to develop an itinerary that seemed perfect for us-and it was! Steven was very attentive to my comments and made the changes I requested pleasantly and in a timely manner.
We were met by Flavio and Lolo at the San Jose airport and any trepidation I had quickly vanished within minutes of seeing their smiling faces-even after waiting for us for well over an hour! The team of Steven (planning), Flavio (guide) and Lolo (driver) was incredible. Flavio is friendly, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and loves what he does. He take the time and has the interest in his clients to find out their interests and adds a personal touch to the tours. Lolo was an amazing driver. I am usually a very nervous passenger but once I realized his skills were excellent, I sat back, enjoyed the scenery and was able to give Flavio my complete attention. We spent one entire day with Flavio and Lolo and parts of two others. The tour operators that Go Tours booked us on for other excursions were also very professional and there were no problems with any of them regarding reliability or any other issues.
We learned so much on this trip; we saw so much and we had a great time.
I highly recommend this company!

Visited February 2014
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 14, 2016
Dear Suzanne R,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this lovely review about your fantastic trip to Costa Rica, this really means a lot to us.

It brings me great pleasure to know that you decided to stick with Go Tours among others due to our pleasant and speedy response to the emails.

Moving forward, I’m pleased to know that Steven was able to plan a such a great vacation package around Costa Rica for you that was so tailored to your request, there is nothing better than coming to another country and doing everything that you want to do and not what we want you to do. So that is great and speaking of which I’m glad that Steven set you up with Flavio and Lolo, he definitely sent you with the best dynamic duo we have, also something very important to me, is the fact that upon arrival to the San Jose International airport, Flavio and Lolo made you feel comfortable and made that fear go away on the spot, that is a priceless feeling.

Now, one thing is for sure, here at Go Tours our staff love what we do, so I’m glad to know that they were able to express that with you right from the beginning along with their willingness to make sure that you leave Costa Rica with the best experience possible by going that extra mile and adding a personal touch to your trip. It brings me great pleasure to know that we made this a stress free trip in such a way that you were able to sit back and not only give your undivided attention to Flavio but also enjoy the breathtaking views Costa Rica has to offer.

Overall its very gratifying to know that we were able to book this and other excursions in a very professional and reliable form and that your whole stay in Costa Rica went without a hitch. I’m thankful for you recommending us to others wanting to visit this lovely country, not to mention the fact that we as Go Tours will be more than glad to plan another vacation in Costa Rica for you and fill you with more knowledge about who and what we are as a country.
Bristol, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Absolutely OUTSTANDING from beginning to end!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We went through GO Tours to book our honeymoon after reading about them on trip advisor. Steven created the perfect personalized itinerary for what we wanted and adjusted it seven different times to fit our wants & budget. I cannot say enough about this company. They were so available & so accommodating from planning to the very end of our trip. The transfers were smooth, no waiting or worrying at any point. The last transfer we had, the driver didn't speak fluent English, We needed an additional bag to bring home all our souvenirs, when we asked the driver he said one moment, called Steven and put us on the phone with him so he could translate. Steven had him bring us to a walmart on the way. On the transfers between hotels (we stayed in 3 different locations) we had the pleasure of meeting our driver/nature spotting extraordinaire Wali, Steven's brother Marco, and Steven! They were so enthusiastic & energetic, teaching us about Costa Rica, stopping to take pictures or hold small conversations with the monkeys, it was AWESOME!! They felt like family away from family & you could tell they loved their country & wanted us to share in it & love it too! We were able to contact Steven at any time while on our trip & even swapped out excursions while there. We cannot thank them enough for an absolutely unforgettable, dream of a honeymoon!!! Thank you guys & keep doing the great work that you do, see you again soon!! ¡Pura Vida maes!

Visited August 2013
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 15, 2016
Dear CM1209,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your outstanding honeymoon in Costa Rica.

I’m pleased to know that Steven was able to make the planning of this personalized vacation package so easy and that he was able to accommodate to every single one of your needs, not only that but that we were able to make this trip flawless and still within your budget.

Apart from that, I’m glad to know that all your private transfers between hotels went without a hitch and that you didn’t have to worry about a single thing, even though that the driver designated for that day did not speak fluent English, we were able to overcome that and still manage to have fluent communication. Now, Wali is one of our star drivers not only by his skills at the wheel, but at having a nature instinct on spotting animals and to add to that, his vast knowledge of our country.

One thing about Go Tours Costa Rica is that every single one of our staff members really loves what they do and we take is to heart, so for Steven and Marco to express that without saying a thing really brings me happiness. Also the fact that they took you to see all the beautiful animals and specially the monkeys… I bet that was a real treat.

Overall, I’m happy to know that we were able to make this a very memorable, unforgettable dream of a honeymoon. I also want to thank you for allowing us to plan such a special occasion for you and your significant other. Do keep in mind that here at Go Tours we will love to have you with us again and our doors will always be open for you and yours to plan another great trip to Costa Rica. Pura Vida mae!
Cleveland, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When we think of Costa Rica, we think of Flavio and Go Tours!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I wanted to share our experience with Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours.

A co-worker and I, now my best friend (Michelle) decided to take an adventure vacation -- and Costa Rica was chosen as the destination. We both travel extensively for work, but neither of us had ever traveled to Central America.

As we made our travel plans, we sought out various agencies and tour guides (in Costa Rica) who conducted tours that were most aligned with our interests. Michelle was most interested in visiting the rainforest, catching a glimpse of a monkey (or two) and horseback riding. Me? Well, at 36 yrs. old (realizing I’m not getting any younger) – I decided that I’d like to be most adventurous. My interests were zip lining, water tubing, rappelling – and seeing the beautiful country of Costa Rica. Sounds reasonable, right?

I reached out to multiple agencies and tour guides – receiving no return communication from most, and two returned my on-line request with trips/excursions that we’re nowhere aligned with what I had submitted our interest being. Then, everything changed. I found Go Tours Costa Rica – Day Tours, (online) via Trip Advisor. I read the reviews and comments and felt comfortable submitting our interests (via email) about possible tours. Within a few short hours, Flavio (from Go Tours Costa Rica) emailed me back. What was to follow was one (if not the single – greatest experience to follow).

Flavio made a concentrated effort to understand why Michelle and I were visiting. He wanted to gain some idea of who we were – and our interests, before arriving. We exchanged several emails – both investing time in making the best decisions on tour/excursion options. Flavio provided us with a multitude of tour/excursion ideas. But, one thing was different – he was on-point with EXACTLY what I had indicated to him that was most important to us both. He made time (in each instance) to reply to each email – answering questions that we had and making various recommendations. Flavio made each and every interaction personable and relatable – so much, that we decided that we wanted to participate in some of the tours privately. Flavio made this happen! His approach was solid – and at no time did I feel he was trying to sell me/us anything. It was obvious that he truly had a genuine interest in making sure we had a great time, while in Costa Rica – while accomplishing all the tours and excursions we were most interested in participating. I immediately knew that we would choose Flavio and Go Tours Costa Rica!

Flavio traveled (with his drivers) well out of his way – out to our hotel (on the beach) to pick us up. When we first met him, it was like we had known him! This was because he had done such an amazing job (in the beginning) trying to understand our interest – and understand who we were and why we wanted to visit Costa Rica. We had booked multiple tours with Flavio (two tours on one day) – yes, a long day – but Flavio and the driver were MOST upbeat, informational and accommodating throughout each day.

Our first day, we visited Palo Verde National Park (which is a MUST) if you’re thinking about going to Costa Rica. An amazing experience – well beyond anything we had imagined. Later in the day, we participated in the Miravalles Volcano tour. Again, completely amazing! It was immediately obvious that Flavio was not only first class in both communicating and accommodating to his customer – but, he was equally effective with the drivers and those members supporting the tours. Flavio was well respected.

On the second day, we took the Guachipelin Adventure tour. And, what an adventure this was! Exceedingly remarkable in every way! Flavio and those supporting the tour made every effort to accommodate all of our requests. Everyone was incredibly friendly and went out of their way to ensure that we had a great time. If you’re looking for adventure – this tour is strongly recommended. Even if you’re a beginner, like we were!

Each and every question we had about Costa Rica was answered (precisely and with detail) by Flavio. The drivers and Eric (training with Go Tours Costa Rica) were well, well versed in the Costa Rican culture – and made all interactions and conversations seamless. The drivers were dedicated and safe – always looking out for various wildlife (as we drove through the country) and stopping, so that Michelle and I could take a peak – or snap photos.

I can often be so very critical of service – and the quality of service received, as I travel so frequently and have dealt with so many personality types and experiences throughout my career. Of all my travels – this was the single best service and experience I’ve ever encountered. The main reasons why were all attributed to Flavio and the Go Tours Costa Rica team. Never in my experience have I seen ANYONE so excited to be a part of “your” experience – and make every single possible effort to make it the best of the best. Flavio did just that – illustrating utmost professionalism and connection with his clients. As a matter of fact, beyond recommending Flavio to everyone we know – we will NEVER travel to Costa Rica without being confirmed with Flavio. Moreover, we will seek Flavio as our personal guide, wherever we go – Costa Rica and beyond!

Trust me, once you experience Costa Rica with Flavio and Go Tours Costa Rica, no one else will ever compare. Ever. Ever. Ever. Period.

Finally, it’s so pleasant to write such a strong, positive review – of someone and a company so deserving. Thank you, Flavio for showing us your beautiful country, keeping us safe, offering to take our photos, keeping us informed and engaged, relating to our interests in every way, keeping us laughing – and thank you (from the bottom of our hearts) for being the absolute very best at what you do, and therefore giving us the most memorable experience of a lifetime. Most importantly, thanks for checking on us -- to make sure we had made it back safely.

When we think of Costa Rica, we think of Flavio and Go Tours!

When we think of the best service and tour experience we’ve ever encountered, we think of Flavio and Go Tours!

When we look back through all the amazing photos (from our journey) we KNOW our experience would have never, ever been the same without Flavio and Go Tours Costa Rica!

Go Tours Costa Rica, now that we’re back in the states and have returned to work (traveling the domestic globe) can we borrow Flavio to go EVERYWHERE with us???

Thank you again – so very much.

Jason Turner – Cleveland, TN
Michelle Lavalette – Kingman, AZ

Visited January 2014
1 Thank jacemichaels
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 16, 2016
Dear jacemichaels,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely, yet detailed review about your adventure vacation to Costa Rica.

I’m going to sum it up as best as I can. I’m truly amazed at how this lovely vacation for you and your friend turned out, it seems that you guys and Flavio had an amazing relationship throughout the whole trip.

I’m sorry that you had to contact so many travel agencies and that they somewhat left you out on a limb, but fortunately we as Go Tours were here to plan this amazing trip to Costa Rica for you guys. We always strive to provide first class service just like Flavio did on this trip. I’m glad that the whole planning and deciding on what to do went great and that he was able to accommodate to the T on what you wanted to do during your visit to Costa Rica, not to mention that he was able to arrange for you to have some private tours as well.

Now, Flavio is one of our most valuable asset for all the same reasons that you are speaking of, he has a high knowledge on Costa Rica; not only he has a very friendly personality and is known for cracking some jokes along the way to your adventure activities, but like you said, he can basically answer any question for you on the spot, not to mention the fact that he is such a great individual that he is also well known in our tourism environment and due to that, he has friends in high places, that really helps a lot to make sure that your activities go as flawless as possible not only that, he is able to get away with things others cannot.

I’m extremely happy to know that all your activities like the Palo Verde National Park, the Miravalles Volcano tour and the Guachipelin Adventure tour in the Guanacaste area were remarkable and that everyone along the way was very friendly and that they ensured that you had an amazing time throughout every activity planned for you.

In a nutshell I’m glad that we were able to connect you with Flavio and that he was able to provide such outstanding service and that he was able to become part of this amazing trip that you and your friend had in Costa Rica. Now, leaving a foreign country without any pictures is not a good thing, fortunately you were able to take some amazing pictures to brag to your friends about and also as proof that you visited one of the happiest country on earth (true fact). Here at Go Tours we don’t have the words to thank you enough about this lovely review that you wrote to us. When in need of planning another amazing Costa Rica vacation, feel free to contact us. By the way, I’m sorry to say, but we cannot let you keep Flavio, things just would not be the same without him around… Pura Vida!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Had a wonderful time!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Luis was our tour guide, he was so so nice and friendly! We did the canopy zip line tour, then went to tamarindo and conchal beaches where we rode atv's and got massages on the beach. The tours were an all day deal, so worth the money! I would definitely go bk!

Visited January 2014
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 21, 2016
Dear Vonne02,

Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful time in Costa Rica.

I’m glad that everything went perfect and that you were able to the trip and most importantly that it was worth every penny you spent. I see that you had a great time during your ATV tour, that is an awesome activity to do and I’m glad that you were part of that. Now you most definitely made a good choice by getting a message by the beach, after a full day tour of pure adrenaline doing some zip lining, there is nothing more relaxing than getting a massage.

I’m please to know that you had a great time during your stay in the Tamarindo and Conchal Beaches and for you tell us that you would come back, it’s definitely music to my ears. We will be more than glad to book another wonderful adventure in Costa Rica for you.