“Flavio provided an awesome day at Poas Volcano and Laz Paz Gardens” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours

Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Santa Ana
More attraction details
Owner description: GO! Tours Costa Rica is a group of professionals born and raised in Costa Rica, passionate about the natural wonders of this small piece of land, dedicated to the conservation and protection of our natural resources, who strive every day to make your vacation an unforgettable experience.We invite you to enjoy the natural richness of this peaceful land, and wish that sometime in the future, you will come back to visit your friends at GO! Tours. We offer the best tours in Costa Rica at the lowest rates available.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Flavio provided an awesome day at Poas Volcano and Laz Paz Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I wanted a 1 day trip to Poas Volcano and La Paz Gardens. We had an unfortunate experience with another tour company and Flavio who had already scheduled a couple of other tours for us during our stay was kind enough to help us out with this one day tour and saw to it personally that we had an amazing time. Flavio didn't miss any opportunity to introduce us to a little store for fresh strawberries and drawing on his vast knowledge of Costa Rica, was able to share facts of interest enabling us to learn so much more during our visit. I definitely recommend Go Tours for anyone traveling to Costa Rica. Trust me, the traffic in San Jose is so gridlock. What you will pay for a rental car and the hold the rental agencies keep on your credit card for months it's just not worth the risk. The cost for our tour was very reasonable. We had door to door service, second to none and didn't have to worry about the driving thus concentrating on getting the most out of our day. The stop at Doka Coffee Plantation was an added bonus and much appreciated. The kids are going to be so happy with their coffee for Christmas! Book with the company you can trust, Go Tours!!

Visited December 2013
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 1, 2016
Dear CroArlene,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us this feedback about your Poas Volcano and Laz Paz Gardens tour from San Jose.

I also want to thank you for all the kind words about Flavio. I’m pleased to know that he went out of his way to make some unscheduled stops in order for you and your husband to get a better feel of what Costa Rica really is like and all the beautiful things that it has to offer, not only that, the fact that he has a vast amount of knowledge about our country and that he filled with tons of information along the way.

I have to agree, driving in San Jose and in Costa Rica in general is a daunting task, it’s pretty much chaos everywhere, fortunately you did not go for a rental instead you decided for us to drive you around and enjoy the beautiful scenery that Costa Rica has to offer (the traffic jam views don’t really count). Thankfully we were there on time and I’m pleased to know that the door to door service was on point.

Last but not least, I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your Doka Coffee tour in the Poas Volcano area, as well as La Paz Waterfall gardens. We are definitely looking forward to having you guys in the near future, and keep in mind that our doors will be opened for you and yours and we would love to help you with the planning of some more one day tours in Costa Rica.

Stony mountain
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We found out about this company from Cruise Critic. When I contacted them, Alvaro got back to me almost immediately. After consulting with him, four of us booked a 6 in 1 tour.
They met us at the end of the Pier, and our tour began with another 3 couples. The tour guide and the driver were very professional and often stopped on the side of the road to point things out.
Highlights were watching monkeys in there natural habitat, mid day snack at a resort/natural habitat area, watching gators on the river (not to be missed), and a great lunch at a local restaurant.
total tour time was about 7 hrs. So if you are in for a day this is a great option and a chance to sample what the area has to offer.
Contact Alvaro so he can customize a tour for you. Thanks again for the great tour.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Memorable Trip and Great Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just want to add one more comment to Fang's review -- our group had people traveling to Costa Rica from different places. Our tour guide Flavio had to go to the airport multiple times for the pick up and drop off. He didn't mind it at all no matter how late it was in the evening or how early in the morning. We give him two thumbs up for his professionalism !

On top of that, Flavio is so knowledgeable about Costa Rica and he can answer any of our questions in great details. He is THE guide I would recommend if you'd visit Costa Rica as your next trip.

Visited November 2013
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 2, 2016
Dear Jing2013Thanksgiving,

Thanks for the great feedback that you had about our company and its staff, we really appreciate this very much.

Thanks for adding to Fang’s comment. I'm pleased that you guys also had a great time and that Flavio was able take the time to take you guys to the airport and that just made the trip a lot more personal, in a good way and I know Flavio, he is always going that extra step to make sure that the trip goes well, not to mention that Flavio and out whole Go Tours staff, we take this job to heart because we love what we do, so I'm sure that having to take you guys to the airport and back at later hours in the evening and in the mornings, I can speak on his behalf and say that he didn’t mind one bit; also we at the office know him for that same reason you said, he is a very professional individual and very knowledgeable about Costa Rica, the wildlife, locations and more.

We are glad to know that you had a great and memorable trip just like Fang and we also want to thank you for the recommendation to others. Here at Go Tours our doors will be forever opened to you and yours when wanting to book another Costa Rica vacation.
Richmond Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“We want to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We are a family of four from Richmond, Virginia with a 17 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. I found Go Tours and emailed Steven who created an itinerary including all of my ideas and suggested other amazing activities and places that only a company based on Costa Rica could have done. I put my complete trust with them and they gave us a trip of a lifetime!!
It is now Christmas and I'm looking back at my summer pictures knowing that this is one of the best things we've ever done. Our 10 day trip included: 1. Sarapiqui Rainforest and rafting (class 2 and 3) with the most wonderful raft company. (my favorite activity if I had to choose.) 2. Arenal, where we stayed at a great hotel with the volcano behind it. It was a very short taxi ride to Baldi Hot Springs that we visited one evening. Arenal is also where we did our first zip line and the views were amazing. We really like the company they chose. Lolo was our driver and he quickly became family and he safely took us all over the place. Let me say, that having Lolo drive us in a beautiful and private tour van is what allowed my husband and I to thoroughly enjoy this because if we had to drive, I think it would have been a stressful and difficult trip for our first time. 3. Monteverde was our third and most remote destination. It was a 3 or 4 hour trip to get to this beautiful area. We stayed at the Ficus Sunset Suites in a little town of St. Elena and did zip lining, hummingbird garden and hanging bridges at Selvatura Adventure Park. Our final destination was a wonderful grand finale: Manuel Antonio. This gave us the beautiful beach time that we wanted and was a nice contrast to the rainforest and Cloud Forest adventures earlier in the week. While in Manuel Antonio we had beach time, parasailing, ATV tour and howler monkeys!! Throughout this trip, Vladamir, Steven, Richard and Lolo did everything to make memories for us including my daughter's wish to get a coconut from a tree. They pulled the van over, found a coconut tree and Vladamir and Richard sliced one for each of us. They were so patient in speaking Spanish with our kids. My kids had never spoken Spanish with local people before and they had so much fun and really made a connection with the local culture.There were many times we stopped to see something special and unplanned like a coffee plantation, beautiful birds, waterfalls and crocodiles. It has made an impact on how I think about nature and the park and river that I live near. We got so much from this trip and Go Tours is the best company to show you the best of Costa Rica.

Visited July 2013
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 3, 2016
Dear 1fancynancy,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us this detailed feedback about your summer trip to Costa Rica.

I really appreciate you trusting us on booking this family vacation for you, I know that booking a vacation from a company that is not within your home country can be quite scary, but fortunately we were able to come through and made sure that everything went flawless and that you were able to enjoy every minute of it.

I’m pleased that you were able to enjoy the 10 day trip to all the locations that we suggested which brings us great satisfaction. I mean, what better way to get some adrenaline going than doing one of the best white water rafting in the Sarapiqui River, also going to the Arenal Volcano area, doing the best Zip lining in Costa Rica and relaxing at the Baldi Hot Springs. Now to a more scenic view, the Cloud Forest hike in Monteverde hanging bridges is by far one of my favorites, the views, and the flora that you see at this location is just magical. Now, if we really want to speak about magical, then the Manuel Antonio beach area is the best, home to some of the best beaches that I have ever been to, I’m glad that you were able to witness this and on top of that, do some more adrenaline filled activities along the way.

Overall, I’m glad that you guys loved this vacation to Costa Rica and that it made such impact to you and your lovely family. We as Go Tours and I speak on behalf of Vladimir, Lolo and the rest of our star team, there is not greater pleasure knowing that your came to our country and left with an amazing memory and with the need of wanting to come back, that is something priceless for us. We are more than glad to have you guys back and it would be our utmost pleasure to plan another memorable family trip to Costa Rica.
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were in Costa Rica during the Thanksgiving week. When we arrived at San Jose International Airport, our tour guide Flavio from Go Tour was waiting for us at the arrival area. Since we exchanged so many emails prior to our arrival, I felt like I already have a friend in Costa Rica. Flavio is very knowledgeable about this country and never hesitate to share his passion with us. He took us to various local stores to get the freshest strawberries, the sweetest cocout drinks, the most tasty fried pork (my husband talks about the pork till this day)..... The itinerary he customized for us were perfect. Exciting ziplining above the waterfall, breath-taking hanging bridge walk in the cloud forest, interesting boat tour, beautful Manuel Antonio beach..... I can go on and on. Even writing this review makes me want to go back to Costa Rica. And Flavio is the one who made our trip so memorable. I cannot wait to come back for more!

Visited November 2013
GTCR, Owner at Go Tours Costa Rica - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 4, 2016
Dear Fang L,

I really appreciate your feedback about your thanksgiving trip to Costa Rica.

I’m pleased to know that Flavio was able to take care of you guys from the planning process to the actual guiding of the tour, Flavio is known among us for all the things that you mentioned and more, like the fact that he likes to go out of his way in order for you to get a better behind the scenes of what Costa Rica really is like, for example, him taking to try freshly picked strawberries, coconut drinks and your husbands all-time favorite “Chicharrones” (the pork that your husband loved).

I’m pleased to know that your customized vacation package to Costa Rica went great and that you loved all the activities planned for you like the Zip Lining over the waterfalls in the Arenal Volcano area, the hanging bridges in the Monteverde Cloud Forest and the beautiful Manuel Antonio beach. I’m also pleased to know that you were able to enjoy everything and that you would like to come back. We will be more than glad to setup another amazing trip to Costa Rica for you.