Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum
$99
$94
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$92
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
$93
$75
Agoda.com
$89
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$50
$43
Hotels.com
Hotel Casa Alegre / Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$66
$161
$117
Hotwire.com
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$65
$51
Apartotel Don Francisco(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$59
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswalk in showerla ostrasan josebasic buffethotel buildingplenty of food optionsnice marketred taxihot and cold itemslarge supermarketwithin walking distanceexercise roomcosta ricaacross streethotel servicebusiness purposesup to date
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I also stayed at the Indigo before my dive trip to the Cocos Island. I found the hotel to be very appealing - with nice eco-friendly touches throughout. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room clean and quiet. The food at the hotel is also good and fresh, although there are several other options within the walking distance. I would definitely recommend the Indigo unless one wants to be in the very center of the city. Convenient to the airport; my taxi rise was $15.00.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Basia48,

Greetings from Costa Rica!

Thank you very much for your kind review; we are glad to hear taht you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. We passed your kind words along to our staff.

We do hope to have the opportunity to have you here in your next trip to Costa Rica!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Indigo while waiting to catch a dive boat to Cocos Island and again when we returned from the trip. The hotel staff were very cordial and professional. The hotel was clean and very safe / secure. There are some decent restaurants easily within walking distance. (The Italian / sushi place right next door is fine for both Italian and Sushi if you can believe it and Bagelman's in the shopping mall across the street also is quite good.) But can someone please explain to me why the toilet (in a Deluxe room) is so close to the wall and the toilet paper dispenser is positioned so that you cannot sit straight on the toilet without knocking the toilet paper dispenser off the wall. I am a relatively thin guy but if I was one of the oversized Americans--well, all I can say is that you would have a tough time sitting on the toilet. Other than that I would highly recommend this place. (On my return I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was great and the toilet / toilet paper issue didn't exist. Maybe that is a benefit of getting upgraded or paying more--you can use the toilet.)

Room Tip: I had a standard / deluxe room and it was fine. You can see my photo. I didn't take pictures of the suite we had.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Robert F,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time visiting our Hotel and our neighborhood.

We also appreciate your feedback about the toilet, we will work on that and if there is something we can do to fix it.

Thank you very much for recommending our Hotel and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Jose.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had originally written a poor review on this hotel, due to my initial experience with them titled "Missing money...". However, I wanted to make mention of the follow up from Manager Carlos Aya in an effort to fix the issue at hand and change for the better my perception of the hotel and its service. I must say that his efforts and due diligence have been really appreciated, and I can say that he genuinely cared for my total satisfaction, by going above and beyond to make sure I was happy with the end result, which is something you really don't see these days.
Thanks to the efforts of Mr. Carlos Aya hotel Manager, I would give this hotel a second chance...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo G

Dear Ricardo G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments, it is our pleasure to hear that our efforts to make you change your perception of our Hotel and services exceeded your expectations.

We value giving us a second chance, we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Jose.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Great, professional, well mannered exceptional service. The front end lady (Katherine) was so professional and such a sweetheart.
My waiters (Alexander and Edwin) were the best.
I recommend this hotel any time of the year and when you get there look out for these guys because they will make sure your stay would be well worth every dollar.
Great hotel for the price. Not expensive at all. I loved it.

• Stayed: August 2013
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear PNieves72,

Thank you for review of your recent stay at our Hotel. Your review reflects our passion for guest service and high quality. It's something our staff takes great pride.

We hope to have the honor of serving when you come back to Costa Rica!
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo severl weeks ago and we were very pleased with all it had to offer. We travelled to CR to sell one of our lots in Heredia. Our attorney knew the staff well and he arranged for a private room to do our closing. It was so much eaiser and safer to handle our cash with the room safe and not having to venture outside. The buyer had wanted us to meet him in downtown San Jose - no thank you , so we really appreciated the special extended service.

Front desk personnel were very attentive and screened a visiting realtor before personally bringing her to us poolside. Another security measure. The realtor turned out to be inept, rude and loud and hotel security was promptly on the scene to escort her out of the hotel. We never called for security, front desk sent him , he asked if we needed his assistance and off she went.

We are headed back to CR in a few days and will reserve our stay again .

The only negative was the food. As other posters have stated, service is excellent, but food is nothing special. Fortunately there are several excellent restaurants within steps of the hotel so nothing lost there.

Thank you again to the staff, particularly the Manager, Front desk and security. Wewere treated like royalty , best all-around service of any hotel we have previously visited in CR.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Horsefl,

Thank you for the time you had you write this review, we are very pleased to know you had such a good experience at the hotel and felt treated like royalty.
We take great pride in providing quality service to our guests, and we are very pleased to read of the service staff provided. Our team is excited about your comments in recognition of their efforts.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards,