“Nice, solid standard with friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have just had one night there, I was looking for a hotel near the airport and near the city... So this is what I found :-)
It's well interior- designed, it has a gym, a restaurant and a free wireless. Around the corner are a lot of shops and fast- food restaurants (I choose the "pane e vino" on the other side of the road and was honestly surprised... In a positive way!
So, nothing wrong with this hotel if you need something close to the airport...
Ah, the staff was extremely friendly and tried to help as much as possible.
Even in friendly country like costa rica this is not to be seen everywhere!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Ingrid A, Revenue Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Dear Chrispe1,

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation of the Hotel Indigo, we are always grateful to receive our guests comments and suggestions.

It has been our pleasure had you as our guest, we will be more than glad to be your host in your next trip to our friendly country!

Pura Vida!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

A colorfully decorated modern hotel in the Santa Ana suburb of San Jose near the American embassy, the PriceSmart (Costa Rican Costco) and a Walmarts, but inconvenient to the airport. My room was clean and comfortable, moderately sized with a very nice bathroom and shower. There was no refridgerator nor microwave for those needing such appliances. The staff was friendly and helpful. Extra pillows and topsheets were furnished quickly and cheerfully when requested. My rental car was watched by security for the full 24 hours that it was parked there. The staff cheerfully stored my baggage after checkout while I was with my Costa Rican lawyer on business. There is a small pool, an exercise room, a restaurant and a business area. Shopping malls and restaurants are nearby. My only reservation is that I thought it was a tad pricey ($149.), but I would stay there again if I needed to be in that area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear Alanalt,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad you had a pleasant stay at our Hotel.

Regarding some extra appliances in rooms, we would like to advise our Suites that have two different ambiences, bedroom and living room. Suites are equipped with microwave, refrigerator, dining room and living room with a 42’ LCD. Our front desk or reservation staff will be more than glad to book for you this kind of room for your future stays in Costa Rica.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back as our guest one more time.

Pura Vida!

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at The Hotel Indigo for one night in September. It was perfect for us! Just outside of San Jose in Santa Ana it had nearby shopping, entertainment and spas. The swimming pool, lounge and gymnasium were very modern and my whole family loved it!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in the San Jose area. Awesome!

• Stayed: September 2011
Ingrid A, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest!

Greetings from Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Santa Ana has became an important spot of the new life in San Jose. We are pleased to know that you had a memorable time whit your family in our Hotel and enjoyed our neighbourhood as well.

We do hope to see you and your family here again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day diving trip to Cocos Island and stayed at the Hotel Indigo for one night on both sides of the diving. Service was excellent and room was comfortable and clean. Very friendly staff and all modern conveniences including free wi-fi in the room. Also had a pretty good massage from Daisy. As for the review that complained about being charged for checking in early, most travelers know that early check-in should be arranged prior to arrival with the expectation of paying for an extra day. We checked in early without a problem.

Room Tip: We booked a suite-it was very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica!

We are very pleased to receive your kind review. Thank you very much for your words, and specially to let us know that you had a good experience with our staff and had a pretty good massage from our masseuse. For sure they will know about your nice comments.
It will be our pleasure to have you again in our Hotel when you come back in a new adventure in Costa Rica!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The service at this great hotel was excellent, the two meals I had in the restaurant top notch. Comfortable, modern, artsy, impeccably clean, efficient. This is a fabulous choice for San Jose.

Room Tip: ask for a nice view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Ingrid A, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Barb!
Greetings from Costa Rica!

Thank you very much for your kind words. It has been our pleasure to had you here as our guest. We have been working hard to keep our standards high specially in service.
Hope to see you again in your next trip to Costa Rica!.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2011

After a very long trip from İstanbul to San Jose,we arrived to Indigo Hotel.I showed my Priorty Club card to the front desk.They said no room until 14:30.I said we are very tired.They very bluntly said '' OK . We have a room ready now but you must give extra 100 dollars '' .I think this is a disgrace for a hotel which is under the same umbrella as InterContinental.
I can understand that they may not have my room ready by 11.00 am.But saying that I can get into my room at 11:00 am for an extra 100 dollars is a treatment I have been subjected to for the first time in my 65 years of lifetime.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel. It is a new hotel and they do not know how to put their act together y...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zuhtu92
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I visited this hotel while in Costa Rica on a business trip. The staff was very friendly. I don't speak Spanish very well, but the staff here spoke English well and were able to help me with anything that I needed. The free breakfast is good and the gym is a nice size. The front desk helped me set up some day trips through Swiss Travel. I went white water rafting, and boy was it a blast! I would recommend staying here if you are traveling to Santa Ana.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank modadventure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Aloft San Jose Hotel
Aloft San Jose Hotel
#2 of 8 in Santa Ana
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hotel Casa Antigua
Hotel Casa Antigua
#20 of 27 in Alajuela
Studio Hotel
Studio Hotel
#1 of 8 in Santa Ana
Quality Hotel Real San Jose

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum? Share your experiences!