“Stylish and Modern!”

Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
“Stylish and Modern!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at The Hotel Indigo for one night in September. It was perfect for us! Just outside of San Jose in Santa Ana it had nearby shopping, entertainment and spas. The swimming pool, lounge and gymnasium were very modern and my whole family loved it!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in the San Jose area. Awesome!

• Stayed September 2011
Ingrid A, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Guest!

Greetings from Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Santa Ana has became an important spot of the new life in San Jose. We are pleased to know that you had a memorable time whit your family in our Hotel and enjoyed our neighbourhood as well.

We do hope to see you and your family here again!

Kind regards,

Ingrid Alfonso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ventura
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day diving trip to Cocos Island and stayed at the Hotel Indigo for one night on both sides of the diving. Service was excellent and room was comfortable and clean. Very friendly staff and all modern conveniences including free wi-fi in the room. Also had a pretty good massage from Daisy. As for the review that complained about being charged for checking in early, most travelers know that early check-in should be arranged prior to arrival with the expectation of paying for an extra day. We checked in early without a problem.

Room Tip: We booked a suite-it was very nice.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica!

We are very pleased to receive your kind review. Thank you very much for your words, and specially to let us know that you had a good experience with our staff and had a pretty good massage from our masseuse. For sure they will know about your nice comments.
It will be our pleasure to have you again in our Hotel when you come back in a new adventure in Costa Rica!

Kind regards,

Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

The service at this great hotel was excellent, the two meals I had in the restaurant top notch. Comfortable, modern, artsy, impeccably clean, efficient. This is a fabulous choice for San Jose.

Room Tip: ask for a nice view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ingrid A, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Barb!
Greetings from Costa Rica!

Thank you very much for your kind words. It has been our pleasure to had you here as our guest. We have been working hard to keep our standards high specially in service.
Hope to see you again in your next trip to Costa Rica!.

Best regards,

Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

After a very long trip from İstanbul to San Jose,we arrived to Indigo Hotel.I showed my Priorty Club card to the front desk.They said no room until 14:30.I said we are very tired.They very bluntly said '' OK . We have a room ready now but you must give extra 100 dollars '' .I think this is a disgrace for a hotel which is under the same umbrella as InterContinental.
I can understand that they may not have my room ready by 11.00 am.But saying that I can get into my room at 11:00 am for an extra 100 dollars is a treatment I have been subjected to for the first time in my 65 years of lifetime.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel. It is a new hotel and they do not know how to put their act together y...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zuhtu92
Lafayette, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

I visited this hotel while in Costa Rica on a business trip. The staff was very friendly. I don't speak Spanish very well, but the staff here spoke English well and were able to help me with anything that I needed. The free breakfast is good and the gym is a nice size. The front desk helped me set up some day trips through Swiss Travel. I went white water rafting, and boy was it a blast! I would recommend staying here if you are traveling to Santa Ana.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank modadventure
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

My first night I would have easily given this place 5 stars. However, over the course of 3 days they lost me.

The hotel is absolutely Beautiful. I really love the lobby, the pool and the lounge is gorgeous and extremely comfortable. The room is very comfortable and pretty, only downside is the very huge pillows, they have 4 on the bed, perhaps they should have at least one that is a bit softer and not so thick. Makes my neck hurt to the point that I eventually threw them all off and slept without a pillow.

The location is a $20 cab ride both ways to Downtown but if you are not going to downtown or are there for business this is a good location. Many good restaurants within walking distance and an American style supermarket is just across the street, however the prices are NYC prices so be warned, hahaha...

I ordered room service a couple of times and ate in the restaurant twice. Food was good, not great.

The staff is very friendly and really liked Jose who helped with my bags. Housekeeping was really good, seemed to come twice a day.

Downsides: I told the guy at check I needed a wake up call for 5:30 am as I was being picked up at 6:15 am my first morning there. Didn't happen. Luckily, I set my phone or I would have missed my tour.

I am PC Plat and was not upgraded or offered a free breakfast. Breakfast buffet was simply and priced at $16 which I feel is way too much for what you get.

A/C cooled the room nice but twice my floor was covered with water, maintenance worked on it but didn't fix the problem. I had tossed some clothes on the floor when I got in late my last night there and they were SOAKED!! I had to pack them like that.

They have no vending and if you want a bucket of ICE you have to call down to the bar to have one delivered. (meaning a tip)

No Room service menu in the room and when I asked for a menu they told me to just order off the menu from the restaurant which had no breakfast menu. Not sure what you would do for breakfast in the room.

One night I was expecting a couple of phone calls and made a huge point of telling the girls at the front desk to PLEASE transfer the calls into the lounge. They agreed and then put them thru to the room when the person called. I went up to the desk after an hour or so and asked if anyone had called? yep, I forgot I was told... I said, ok, well if they call back, please don't forget again, I am still in the lounge. After another hour I find out that once again, they had forgotten and put another call thru to my room!! This place is trying to position themselves as a more upscale full service hotel but this is unacceptable.

My advice, if you want to stay at a Priority Club hotel in San Jose, stay at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank tammynnc
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

We had never stayed at any Indigo hotel before, and this first visit was a real treat. It's a new building of the "boutique" category that blends stylish contemporary decor with old-fashioned hospitality and excellent customer service.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean, with an especially large walk-in shower. Every single staff person that we encountered during our 7 night stay was courteous, professional, helpful, and welcoming. The hotel restaurant/bar offered delicious food and a nice place to socialize.

We stayed there for a combined business and leisure trip. It's about 10 mi. from the airport, well-positioned as a base for day trips to the north and west of downtown San Jose.

I forget the name of the pan-Asian restaurant in the upscale shopping center across from the hotel, but also recommend it very highly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
#2 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,176 reviews
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,693 reviews
JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica a...
#2 of 14 in Gulf of Papagayo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,841 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum? Share your experiences!