Casa Rainbow Canyon
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
$92
$83
Agoda.com
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$50
$44
Hotels.com
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
Hotwire.com
Vista Canyon Inn(Santa Ana)
$89
Hotel Posada Canal Grande(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$36
Hotels.com
Hotel Casa Alegre / Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The property is more beautiful than the pictures online. Wayne was such a great host and made it a point to make sure that we were always taken care of from the incredible breakfast, the condition of the rooms to making sure that we had anything we needed while we were relaxing by the pool. Anthony made sure we always had a fresh drink and had great recommendations about the night life. We had an incredible stay there. To top things off, I forgot my prescription glasses and Wayne was nice enough to make sure that I received them. We can't wait to come back and do it again. Thanks Wayne and Anthony, we'll see you soon

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This was our last stop of our 10 day trip to Costa Rica and it could not have been a better location. We felt like we were friends by the time we left. Thanks to Wayne, the owner, Alejandro who takes care of all details and Adrien who makes wonderful breakfasts. We stayed 2 nights in the Monkey Room, upstairs,overlooking the pool. We were impressed to find out that Alejandro painted the murals in the bathroom. The Monkey room does not have a balcony, but there is a shared balcony upstairs. It is beautifully decorated. We also got to meet the 2 parrots and 2 dogs. Alejandro was so helpful in taking us to local restaurants and taking us on a tour of La Paz Waterfall Gardens. My only complaint is that we were not told that we would be charged for the ride to the restaurants and to La Paz or what the charges would be until we checked out. Be sure to inquire about the cost of each trip. I was not aware that they would cook dinner if you requested. There are not many restaurants close to the hotel, so a ride is necessary. We will stay here next time we come to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: All the rooms have excellent views. Depends if you want a private balcony or not upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

It's kind of difficult to explain Casa Rainbow Canyon (CRC) if you've never had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand. From the first email to make my reservation, to my first night after a grueling 8 hour flight, the folks at CRC made my experience exceptional and memorable. The house is simply gorgeous and personally designed by Wayne, the proprietor, who was warm and inviting and made the experience more like going home to see an old friend than a sterile hotel visit hosted by a stuffy staff. Alejandro, Wayne's right-hand man, has to be the hardest working, most attentive person I have ever met; he is never without his charming smile or a willingness to provide 5 star service, is simply the easiest person to fall in-love with, oh and is an amazing cook to boot (you have to ask him to make you pinto)! Anthony, their latest addition, was also very attentive; he was always willing to take me out for a night on the town or to the bar down the road; allowing me to be completely comfortable in a country where my spanish was easily rivaled by a 5 year old. The funny thing is, I hesitate to write a review at all, only due to the fact that I want to keep this jewel to myself. However, the CRC deserves to be expereinced by everyone, so if you are looking for a unique, and amazing experience while you are in Costa Rica, then you really do want to stay at Casa Rainbow Canyon.

A couple things to note: it's about a 15 minute drive from San Jose, which was just fine to me; Alejandro will pick you up/drop you off at the airport, as well as, drive you to and from San Jose, etc; they have wi-fi (which totally surprised me for some reason); there is a beautiful pool; a full bar; it's gay-owned and operated; and houses one hilarious parrot named Tita.

When you go, you'll be amazed, rejuvenated, and will have found a new place that you can't wait to get back to!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own name, I stayed in the "Iguana Room", it was perfect, over looked the pool and the canyon, and was fully equipted with a tv, small frig, ceiling fan, ac, and bathroom. The room was very large and two people would easily be comfortable in it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My partner and me stayed for just one night and loved it! Wayne, the charming owner and host has designed & created a gorgeous place in a quiet off the beaten track location just outside San Jose. Wayne very generously picked us up from San Jose airport and also collected us from a local restaurant after our meal and also drove me to the next town when I wanted to explore a bit. What service! The breakfast was wonderfully prepared by the lovely Jose, who works for Wayne. We had a lovely bedroom over looking the swimming pool & the canyon with a waterfall, which made for a superb experience!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is PERFECT! We arrived in San Jose and were picked up at the airport and taken to the Guest house/Hotel by the owner Wayne. He was friendly, knowledgeable and very easy to get along with. As we drove up to the property along a narrow road off the beated path we were a little skeptical but when the gates opened they revealed a georgus costa rican mansion built on the side of a cliff overlooking a beautiful canyon.
We stayed in the Toucan Room and we were very pleased. We were struck by the beautiful and high hardwood ceilings. The room was big, with a comfortable queen sized bed, a table and chairs, TV, bar and a very good sized balcony overlooking the pool and the canyon. The bathroom was large and luxurious and had a window in the shower overlooking the canyon. The food was great- We had a HUGE breakfast every morning that was included in our room rate as well as two dinners which were a very reasoable price. We were fortunate to be there for New Years Eve and loved the festivities. which included a fantastic buffet style dinner and champagne.
The owner and staff all go above and beyond to make your stay 5 star.
I guarantee that the next time we are in Costa Rica we will definately be staying at the Casa Rainbow Canyon.
Thank you Wayne!

Room Tip: If you are planning a longer stay the apartments have a kitchen/livingroom and bedroom and have beautiful balconies over looking the canyon. The Toucan room was awesome for us in size and location and has a great balcony. There is also a room which opens up directly to the pool and deck. Unlike a big resort, the place is only 8 rooms so no matter where you are you are in a great location. Make sure to inquire before you book to be sure you get what you want and need.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple