Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
$89
$94
Aloft.com
$94
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$67
$65
Hotel Posada Canal Grande(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$33
Hotel Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$66
De La Tierra EcoHouse Farm(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$55
$46
Vista Canyon Inn(Santa Ana)
$89
1,100 results
All reviewssan josecosta ricahotel louisianasecure parkingclose to the airportlow pricenice poolrental cargrocery storerooms are spacioushidden gemlast nightpura vidanetflixinternettaxigate
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The rooms were realy clean and the price for one night is the best bargain.
The staff was realy helpful with everything only I had to do some shopping in the morning
and needed some more time, one hour extra for check out at 12 and they charged me 20 dollars
for one hour , this was a little bit client unfriendly but for the rest perfect food for dinner and
breakfast.
My compliments for this.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I visited Costa Rica for 9 days to have dental work done by NovaDentalcr.com. Hotel Luisiana provided the perfect place to feel safe and sound in a clean room with the most comfortable bed, compassionate and friendly staff and in walking distance to local shopping and restaurants.

I found a great deal on Expedia and my rate included free wifi, smart TV and free international calls. My room was huge with a walk in closet and a large metal rack for suitcases and clothes which, at first, I thought was odd but it proved to be quite efficient. The floors were wood instead of carpet which I appreciated.

The bathroom had a garden tub, separate shower and a bidet! There was plenty of storage throughout the room. Each bedside table included a reading lamp. Also included was a small fridge with honor bar that included 2 bottles of water, 2 cokes, 2 beers and various wine all at reasonable prices, hairdryer, soap and shampoo. One does need to bring their own face cloth.

Within 3 blocks there is a very casual restaurant/bar with both indoor and outdoor seating that serves Sopa Negro with rice for $4. It was the perfect meal for my first day of dental work!

There are 2 sodas (very small groceries) nearby, one just around the corner and one about 2 blocks away. In the morning and afternoon buses run quite frequently and there is a stop in front of the hotel. Otherwise, you can walk about 3 blocks for mid-day pick ups.

Downtown Santa Ana is within walking distance and the front desk will give you a map. On Sunday there is a large street market which is a very lively place to visit.

I felt completely safe walking around during the day and evening. There is a Fresh Market nearby as well as a larger grocery and bank, both within walking distance. Make sure you have ID for any type of banking transactions.

Taxi's are but 10 minutes away (red cars, yellow triangle with maria's (meters)) but the hotel employs a wonderful driver named Yuri whose rates are comparable. When my flight was delayed out of Atlanta he was there at 2am bearing a sigh with my name. Seeing him was a comforting sight. I arranged for him to do pick up and drop off at the airport and he is also available for just about anywhere you want to go.

On the pool/courtyard side of the hotel each there are large porches with a table and chairs outside each room. The staff is laid back as mentioned in previous posts but they are very professional and responsive.

I ate in the restaurant twice for breakfast and once for dinner and found it quite pleasant. The 24/7 coffee in the lobby was delicious. I did buy some canned milk to keep in my room for creamer.

I really liked the location of this hotel and met quite a few folks who have been returning to the hotel for years, some from the US, others from Canada and many from the CR coast to get a break from the heat. As a solo traveler safety was a main concern and this hotel maintains a high level of security.

Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool/courtyard side are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here on our first two nights in Costa Rica. The staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are very clean (with A/C) and the beds are incredibly comfortable. For less than $50 a night this is a no brainer :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MollyLaLaLand
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We found this hotel because we wanted to stay near a friend in Santa Ana. Given the very reasonable rate we paid, we cannot speak more highly of our stay here.

The staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. The pool was a real bonus, as was the free WiFi and international phone calls.

If you need to overnight in the San Jose area, this would make a great choice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only had a one night stopover in this hotel after we flew into Juan Santamaria airport. It was conveniently close to the airport without being right on the doorstep which was great after a long travel trip. We booked a kingsize room which was very big with a huge bed! The room was very clean, the bathroom was very big with complementary shower gel and shampoo etc, towels were provided, and ridge and tv were in the room. The hotel also offered secure parking for guests. We had an early start the next day so we ordered breakfast to be brought to our room for just a couple of dollars extra. Although we didn't stay in the hotel long and didn't really get chance to test the amenities, the pool looked very appealing and there was access to room service, and free coffee was available in the reception area. Would recommend this hotel if you are booking a stopover or staying within the Santa Ana area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple