1,121 results
All reviewssan josecosta ricahotel louisianasecure parkinglow priceclose to the airportnice poolrental cargrocery storerooms are spacioushidden gemlast nightpura vidanetflixinternettaxigate
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only had a one night stopover in this hotel after we flew into Juan Santamaria airport. It was conveniently close to the airport without being right on the doorstep which was great after a long travel trip. We booked a kingsize room which was very big with a huge bed! The room was very clean, the bathroom was very big with complementary shower gel and shampoo etc, towels were provided, and ridge and tv were in the room. The hotel also offered secure parking for guests. We had an early start the next day so we ordered breakfast to be brought to our room for just a couple of dollars extra. Although we didn't stay in the hotel long and didn't really get chance to test the amenities, the pool looked very appealing and there was access to room service, and free coffee was available in the reception area. Would recommend this hotel if you are booking a stopover or staying within the Santa Ana area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times now and obviously love it. You get so much for your money you won't believe it. Super clean rooms, friendly staff, awesome pool and a vending machine that has beer! It is located in Santa Ana, which is a great area in San Jose. Whenever we have friends and family coming to San Jose we tell them to stay at Hotel Louisiana.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for the last two nights of our stay in Costa Rica. The neighborhood is very nice and safe and located near the airport. The room that we were in was very large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom had a Roman/Grecko tub... very nice! My boyfriend and I voted this the "best bed" in Costa Rica. The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were heaven. Luisiana was a great value. The only downside was that we requested a coffee maker in our room and were told they had already been given out... We were very happy to see the large mugs that were supplied in the reception area so this turned out to be a good thing indeed. If I get another chance to go back to Costa Rica I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I doubt if there is a bad room in this place.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this hotel by our friends for a nice, relaxing, inexpensive stay in the city. We used Expedia for the booking and it was painless. We booked the king size suite and really LOVED the bathtub and the bed. The room was clean and huge too! They had a really nice pool but the weather didn't cooperate so we didn't have a chance to use it. :-( Two other nice touches were that they accept pets and there was a letter from the owner explaining services and amenities.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Myself, my husband, and two small children stayed here and it was so Classy! The accommodations were clean and there was a little touch of Italy everywhere although you were in Costa Rica. The owner has extremely fine taste but is still down to earth which you can see by the cute little playground on the property. It was quiet peaceful and so needed since I packed up and took a break from the good ole USA...Oh did I mention the television was a smart tv, so ladies if you want your husband to take you somewhere classy without him putting up a fuss...SMART TV is the way to go at Hotel Luisiana! I hope you all enjoy your stays as we most certainly enjoyed ours!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely! If you have children, the rooms on the lower level may be better poolside because the playground is right there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family