“Great First Night in Costa Rica!”
Review of Hotel Luisiana

Hotel Luisiana
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only had a one night stopover in this hotel after we flew into Juan Santamaria airport. It was conveniently close to the airport without being right on the doorstep which was great after a long travel trip. We booked a kingsize room which was very big with a huge bed! The room was very clean, the bathroom was very big with complementary shower gel and shampoo etc, towels were provided, and ridge and tv were in the room. The hotel also offered secure parking for guests. We had an early start the next day so we ordered breakfast to be brought to our room for just a couple of dollars extra. Although we didn't stay in the hotel long and didn't really get chance to test the amenities, the pool looked very appealing and there was access to room service, and free coffee was available in the reception area. Would recommend this hotel if you are booking a stopover or staying within the Santa Ana area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times now and obviously love it. You get so much for your money you won't believe it. Super clean rooms, friendly staff, awesome pool and a vending machine that has beer! It is located in Santa Ana, which is a great area in San Jose. Whenever we have friends and family coming to San Jose we tell them to stay at Hotel Louisiana.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for the last two nights of our stay in Costa Rica. The neighborhood is very nice and safe and located near the airport. The room that we were in was very large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom had a Roman/Grecko tub... very nice! My boyfriend and I voted this the "best bed" in Costa Rica. The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were heaven. Luisiana was a great value. The only downside was that we requested a coffee maker in our room and were told they had already been given out... We were very happy to see the large mugs that were supplied in the reception area so this turned out to be a good thing indeed. If I get another chance to go back to Costa Rica I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I doubt if there is a bad room in this place.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this hotel by our friends for a nice, relaxing, inexpensive stay in the city. We used Expedia for the booking and it was painless. We booked the king size suite and really LOVED the bathtub and the bed. The room was clean and huge too! They had a really nice pool but the weather didn't cooperate so we didn't have a chance to use it. :-( Two other nice touches were that they accept pets and there was a letter from the owner explaining services and amenities.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Myself, my husband, and two small children stayed here and it was so Classy! The accommodations were clean and there was a little touch of Italy everywhere although you were in Costa Rica. The owner has extremely fine taste but is still down to earth which you can see by the cute little playground on the property. It was quiet peaceful and so needed since I packed up and took a break from the good ole USA...Oh did I mention the television was a smart tv, so ladies if you want your husband to take you somewhere classy without him putting up a fuss...SMART TV is the way to go at Hotel Luisiana! I hope you all enjoy your stays as we most certainly enjoyed ours!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely! If you have children, the rooms on the lower level may be better poolside...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very beautiful, quiet, staff is excellent, restaurant good, rooms large and very comfortable, pool, many nationalities staying there, smart tv with internet and wifi, wine/beer/beverages in room's fridge. I really liked that the hotel is not on the main drag! It was a very nice stay and can't say enough good things about the pleasant surprise I had when I arrived... had no idea it would be such a great place. Whenever I need a getaway here in Costa Rica, I will definitely return - plus will be making a point to refer all my friends to stay there when they travel to Costa Rica. Yes, there are parts of the area that are high end American/European, but the location of this hotel was perfect in the neighborhood about five blocks off the main drag. A small soda down the street you can walk to, if you like - small Tico eatery - and the taxi ride is about a $2 ride to the middle of the town. Certainly you can walk there and back, plus there's a public bus going to San Jose at the end of the street... very convenient. Highly recommended. Actually, I'm going to add that when seated for dinner in their restaurant I mentioned my stomach was not very happy due to a virus and really wanted Canada Dry Ginger Ale... my server offered to go to the store for me and pick it up... and he did! Plus in the morning when a new staff member sat me for breakfast, he asked me how my stomach was doing! Attention to detail, extremely clean, large rooms and very very nice staff all around from the Front Desk to the Pool Maintenance to Housekeeping... very high marks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

if you expect anything about Costa Rica from this hotel, you will be disappointed. The location is a quiet residential area and no shops nor restaurant nearby. you need to walk to the street (400m) to find one. if you like to stay in the US while in Costa Rica, this is the one of the best choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank loveavogado
hotelluisiana, Propietario at Hotel Luisiana, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

dear andres ....
is very rare your commentary , i didn't understand if you like the american motel or not .
hotel luisiana is a relaxing place , but i think you know , because you came back every week....
hotel luisiana have 360 lpp sheet , free coffe , internet tv , this is impossible to found in a american motel ...........
hotel luisiana have the famous mattress ....simmons gel pillow top , end this is impossible to found in an american motel

and more and more
free international call , free national call, italian restaurante inside , big pool finish with stone ........

definitly all this thing is hard to found in an american motel .....

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Hotel Santo Tomas
Hotel Santo Tomas
#7 of 78 in San Jose
Quality Hotel Real San Jose

Been to Hotel Luisiana? Share your experiences!