See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The lobby was clean and coffee is available after check in.

The room is comfortable and much larger size bedroom and bathroom compared to other hotels in Japan.

Breakfast place is clean and the food option is simple but enough.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ベッセルホテル熊本空港, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Thank you very much for staying at Bessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport this time.

We are pleased that all the staff are pleased with the word of compliment.

The service of the welcome coffee is from 12 o'clock to 23 o'clock and has been well received by other customers.

We will continue to devote ourselves to satisfying our customers.

Thank you very much for posting this time.

Reviewed December 8, 2016

I stay in this hotel for many days, and the room is very spacious and comfortable. The people working there are very nice. The location of Vessel Hotel is very good, has near supermarket, restaurants, gym, etc ...

I would recommend this hotel to anyone ...

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Juan Luis M
ベッセルホテル熊本空港, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2016

Dear,Juanlu M

Thank you very much for staying with us,Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport.

We are very glad to hear that you had a comfortable time in our hotel.

As you told, our guest rooms are 1.5 as large as ones in standard business hotels.

It takes about 10 minutes to the nearest convenience store on your foot.

If you need,we will lend you bicycles,need further informations, we prepare

a map which shows restaurants,izakaya,onsen and so on!

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

We appreciate that you posted your review on Tripadvisor.

Best regards,

Yuki Masuda

Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

For the "Silver Week" holiday, I took a small vacation to Kumamoto with my wife and eight other family members. We spent a lot of time in the Mt. Aso area but in actuality most of the time was spent in the car sitting in long traffic jams. When it came time to check in to the hotel, I was just hoping for a comfortable bed and nothing more.

Imagine my surprise upon arriving at this delightful hotel. My brother-in-law booked the hotel but we weren't expecting anything fancy thanks to the low price but the Vessel Hotel turned out to be one of the best business hotels I've ever stayed in in Japan. The outside and lobby were immaculately clean, though the lobby itself is a bit small. The parking lot wasn't too big but was far larger than many other hotels. Even better is the fact that it's free to park.

The ten of us stayed in five rooms on two different floors. My wife and I were on the fifth floor in a nice corner room. And it truly was nice. FAR more spacious than the average business hotel. It appears that they saved a lot of space by installing the washroom sink and mirror outside of the washroom, leaving only the toilet and shower inside. This allows for not only a larger room space but a bigger mirror, sink and even a more spacious tub for the shower. It eliminated the cramped feel of a of these things that usually accompany a stay in a business hotel and I hope more hotels adopt this design in the future. The room came furnished with the standard items: desk, mini fridge, TV, etc. as well as an air purifier, which is the first time I've come across one in a business hotel.

The hotel has drink, noodle and cigarette vending machines on the first and sixth floors as well as washing machines and dryers.

The complimentary breakfast was good, featuring a combination of western and Japanese choices (including horse meat, the local Kumamoto delicacy). The breakfast area, while not small, did fill up quickly. Likely there were a lot more guests due to the long holiday weekend but the open seats were few and far between. If you travel with a large group as I did during a high travel season, don't expect to sit together.

There are a variety of restaurants nearby as well as some convenience stores. Plus it's located on a large road with easy access to central Kumamoto City. The only real complaint I have is not the fault of the hotel but just its location: it is very difficult to make a right turn when leaving the hotel. This is due to the wide, busy road and the nearby traffic light stays green for a long time so the cars seem to never stop coming. Plus, due to the concrete divider in the center of the road, it's difficult to see how far you'd have to drive before making a u-turn if you were to go left.

In summary, this hotel was packed with a ton of great surprises at a great price. It is by far the best business hotel experience I've had and I'd gladly stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
ベッセルホテル熊本空港, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2015

Dear AngryAugury
Thank you very much for staying at Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport. And also, thank you for such a nice compliment. All the staff of our hotel are delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We provide complimentary breakfast and free parking. We get good reviews on them from our valued guests.
Our guest rooms are 1.5 as large as ones in standard business hotels. Did you have a good sleep?
Our hotel is located not in the center of Kumamoto city. It takes about 40 minutes. However, we are very close to Aso and Kumamoto Airport. We will continuously endeavor to improve our service, aiming for the hotel guests hope to come again. We appreciate that you posted your review on Tripadvisor.
We cordially look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Ayaka Uehara

Reviewed June 30, 2015

Stayed 2 nights in Vessel Hotel. Compared to Intercontinental Grand Yokohama, triple expensive than this hotel, I would say I like this hotel much better in many ways. Bed was comfortable, and breakfast was great. Most bang for a buck. Highly recommendable hotel.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ベッセルホテル熊本空港, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2015

Dear Keroro7,
Thank you very much for choosing Vessel Hotel Kumamoto Airport. And thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. As you mentioned,our guest rooms have 1.5 times more space than standard business hotels and our beds are 150 cm wide. Besides, our original pillow is adjustable to suit your preference. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We also offer complimentary breakfast in a buffet-style, free parking and Wi-Fi.Your review makes us motivated to improve our service for our valued guests. Again, thank you for selecting us for your business trip.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards,
Hisami Oyama

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel was a surprise for Japan. It's much like American hotels like a Hampton Inn.

I needed a hotel quite near the airport, with options for food nearby. The Vessel was a 2000 yen cab ride away; perhaps 15 minutes. I found it to be a clean, somewhat Spartan place. The lobby is small, and there is a basic eating area on the ground floor. I arrived too late for food, and opted for vending machine beer and noodles over the 10 minute walk to the Joyfull restaurant down the road. The room was smallish but just fine, with a queen sized bed, a desk, and free and speedy internet. A sink is in the room, and the bathroom has the toilet and bathtub/shower. The building was very quiet, with no hallway or traffic noise. Combs, razors, etc are available from a basket in the lobby. There is no fitness center.

A basic breakfast is served, but during my stay, about 60 young men in Meito Nagoya athletic shirts walked in and just took over the breakfast area. The line was out the door, there wasn't enough food, and the eating area simply couldn't accommodate that many people. This may have had something to do with the Obon holiday, but I think a hotel should put its guests before some outside group, and they certainly shouldn't sign up for more than they can handle. I ended up paying for my own breakfast at a 7-11!

You can't beat the price: I paid a discounted 6800 yen for one night and what might have been breakfast if I had been ten minutes earlier.

I would have given this hotel 4 stars if it hadn't been for the breakfast debacle. The reason I didn't give 2 stars is that they are so cheap and my expectations were low.

Date of stay: August 2013