All reviews japanese room spring car meals range bay pick port amenities dinner onsen
Reviewed December 11, 2017

1. Location: To be honest, this was not my first choice of a hotel. I thought it was nearer Tonosho Port when I booked it; however, my mistake in reading the map. Hence, it is quite a distance from everywhere else, which is not helped by the infrequent bus service. That said, it is in a beautiful part of island, fronting a gorgeous bay.

2. Staff: Excellent! They have bare English communication skills, but they do try their best to make things work.

3. Amenities: The rooftop onsen is marvelous! The meals I had there - breakfast and dinner - were buffet style and provided a range of delicious food.

4. Room: Huge, well-provided rooms. Clean and very well-kept, with a lovely view of the bay.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

The resort charged guests from 2 years old and above. So please bear that in mind when do the reservation. The front office is quite strict about this rule.

The beach in front of the hotel is not swimmable. You need to go to Olive beach for Swimming in the beach. I am not sure if the hotel has shuttle service for that because we had our car during our trip.

Hot bath at the highest floor was alright. I didn't have time to compare our resort in the island, so if you have time to search other resort, do so.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2017

It locates near Kusakabe Port, therefore I recommended to use this port. Hotel is also near the so sauce museum that you can go there on foot easily.
The staff always offer warm smile and prompt assistance. The room is clean, just the futon is too thin that I have to add one more by myself.
Breakfast is good, just no fried egg make upon order and no slice bread for making toast.

Must Return.

Room Tip: No convenience store and you may have to buy some snack before checking in.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Memeggg
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is isolated at the end of the island There is infrequent transportation to/from the hotel. We spent way too much time sitting on the road in front of the hurl waiting for a bus. The hotel itself is old. The pool is shallow and only has a few plastic chairs and no food or beverage service. The website photos are optimistic and not a true reflection. At 9:03am we arrived at the breakfast that was closing. We didn't expect to eat but wanted coffee. The staff actually turned us away saying we could use a vending machine upstairs. With all the negatives the staff could at least have been hospitable. Finally, the hotel was fairly expensive. On a Tuesday night we paid roughly $300, which is a Four Seasons night in the states.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank George S C
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

We travelled in a group of 8, ages range from very old to toddler. We are quite fortunate to pick this hotel. Although it is an old hotel, it is reasonably well-maintained. The staff are friendly and attentive. All rooms face the bay (wonderful views). Buffet dinner and breakfast come from room stay.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family