“Disappointing experience”
Review of Katsuragi

Katsuragi
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Went in, it was obvious from the start that the chef was in a bad mood when he told me that the place was closing st 19g (instead of 22h as advertised). I should have probably left...also my mistake.
I order the lightly breaded tuna and a tuna sashimi plate.
The breaded tuna was over cooked and there was no raw meat in the middle. The sashimi plate was not on the menu and I was charged 4000Yen of it, which seems a bit too much given that a set menu costs 1200Y And includes many plates (including 3 pieces of tuna sashimi... the plate had 12 pieces). The cuts of the sashimi were really poor, not sure which part but they were coming apart and were stringy. Extremely disappointed.
Probably the bad mood of the chef and the fact that it was a Saturday (Saturday the fish market is closed). Nevertheless i can’t help to think that if you love tuna and you love cooking/cutting it, you can’t serve a mediocre plate, even if you are in a bad mood, and even if I am tourist.
Spolied my only dinner in town...
Gio

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

We were guided by the recommendation of our hotel and reviews we saw over here to go to this place. English menu is smaller than Japanese one so have a look at what others are ordering. Food was ok but we had higher expectations

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

The luxury tuna set was very good indeed!
Probably the best tuna sashimi plus tuna cutlets, tuna ham, tuna rice bowl and more!
If you love tuna, you must try this place.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

I had a terrific dinner at this small restaurant. The chefs are friendly and entertaining. I ordered the upgraded set tuna menu, all of which was tasty and fresh. I would certainly return here again.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We had the most amazing dinner at this cosy restaurant. You can sit at the bar or at Japanese style tables. The chefs were so kind and very entertaining! The tuna set menu was delicious and super fresh. What sets this restaurant apart from the rest is the outstanding hospitality and welcoming environment. Highly recommend this establishment in Nachi Katsuura.