All reviews soup no elevator yogurt train and bus station few minutes walk tuna auction local restaurants kii katsuura upon check coffee tea hotel is located kumano kodo big city pleasant stay twin room place to stay zenzai
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2018

Hotel Charmant is located near to the bus terminal and great for an overnight stay if you are starting your hike from Kii-Katsura (from Nachi to Koguchi). The room is simple but the staff were friendly and helpful. They could even packed us a breakfast takeaway due to our early hike (let them know in advance). There was complimentary dessert as well. Overall, a good stay.

Room tip: No particular tips
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2018

A modest hotel, which I review in relation to its price category. The outside displays a care and attention which runs throughout the hotel. Check in was efficient, and friendly and included lots of information about the area and included street maps. The room was clean, warm, quiet. Breakfast was prepared specifically for our vegan requirements : the hotel had clearly thought about this carefully and bought in things like soy yoghurt. We were touched by the care taken.

Obviously not to be compared with a 5 star hotel or even a big city three star hotel.The staff understand a little English and use it effectively

It really is only a couple of minutes from the station

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I found myself in Kii Katsuura with no accommodation, which was a bit disconcerting. Deciding to be adventurous I walked through the area near the station, and found this lovely little hotel. I thought it would be too good to be true if they had a room at such short notice, but Lo and behold they did. I was way too early for check in so the lovely man behind the desk allowed me to put my backpack in a free locker and gave me fabulous information about Nachi-San and the Kumano Kodo, so I headed off to while away the few hours until I could check in. He made sure I had all the right maps, timetables, fares etc. Once I returned, the equally lovely lady at check in, made sure that I as well looked after and I found myself in a clean, quiet room with air conditioning and fast wifi. As a result, I now have my day planned for tomorrow, doing and seeing things that I hadn't even known about. very thankful and would r commend this hotel to friends. I will, say that IF I was travelling with somebody, the bed would be very small, but because I'm on my own, it's fantastic.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of our hike. It was convenient as very close to the train station. The host was so lovely, she talked us through all the attractions/onsens/best restaurants in town and was very welcoming. We were offered complimentary sweet soup on arrival. The rooms and the hotel were lovely and clean with complimentary tea/coffee/Juice/water in room. Beds were comfy also. Short walk to the harbour where you can take a free boat to the other islands where there were some great onsens. The complimentary breakfast was lovely with free toast/coffee/tea refills!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

beds were ok, hotel is conveniently located in this small village. Coupon is given upon checkin for an afternoon free zenzai typical warm sweet soup. Daily cleaning and changing of towels, daily free beverages in fridge (water and oj) plus tea and coffee in room. make sure to bring cash to pay, hotel does not take cc.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple