All reviews scenic view men supermarket facilities bath onsen dinner
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

On our second night in Wakayama, we stayed in a traditional type of hotel. The doors are not automatic, if you leave the room you have to lock it manually. When you enter the small hallway, you have to remove your shoes and use the slippers provided before entering the main room. There is an aircon but since it is cold, there was no need to turn it on. Do not be surprised with the absence of any bed. When you leave the room for dinner, the staff will arrange the bed for you. Even though you have to sleep on the floor, it is very comfortable. The bathroom is small but equipped with everything that you need. For a new and unique experience, we took a bath in the onsen. The hotel also provide kimono which you can wear around the hotel for an authentic japanese feel.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kiwitots
Reviewed February 27, 2017

I stayed in this hotel with my family for one night. The room is large and has a little "balcany" in which I can enjoy the scenic view there. On the ground floor, there is a shop selling clothes, accessories, food and drinks. I bought many snacks there as souvenirs for my relatives and friends. The price is reasonable. On the second floor, there is a common area in which you can play table tennis, take sticker-photos, and most importantly, to enjoy the spa there! There are three spa pools for ladies and I think there are three spa pools for men too.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sallymily2001
Reviewed June 22, 2016

good spring facility! there are large spring of course,out side spring and souna room! And perfect amenity.
but there is no private bathroom inside a guestroom.
so you have to go public bath room if you want to take shower.
and there is no free wifi inside a guestroom.(only lobby)
Buffet dinner was perfect!
tasty;)
It's not for bussiness, for turism!
it was full of guest room desipite on weekdays

Room tip: I recommend to stay main building. Annex is a bit far away from spring.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ykcgnt201
Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

For the price I paid it was 4 stars worthy. Dinner was buffet style with a huge variety. Quality was acceptable. The onsen was also good. Room was decently sized with tatami mats. Additional mattresses were available if you find it too thin. I had a sea view room. Breakfast was excellent with a large spread. After a night here I would recommend staying here when you are in Shirahama. Like the other reviewers I found the wifi non existent. Fortunately I had a portable wifi router with me from Singapore.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank HpLian
Reviewed August 23, 2015

This is the first time I travelled to Shirahama and I have been staying in this hotel for 2 nights. This is a traditional Japanese hotel with onsen, breakfast and dinner buffet. The room is large with sea view, clean and tidy. The breakfast and dinner buffet is acceptable.

Unluckily, I have a terrible experience in my last night. I went to onsen, however there were many mosquitoes and insect due to it is summer time. They bit me and my back is swollen. Finally, I went to consult doctor and it took two weeks for me to recover.

Room tip: Be careful if you stay in this hotel in summer time.
Date of stay: September 2014