All reviews spacious room modern hotel top floor ocean view shirahama beach nice view two nights public bath booked this hotel gift shop great hotel japanese style room private onsen high end hot bath little bit train station
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We stayed there two nights, it is a short walk to the beautiful beach. Nice view from the top floor, great breakfast. Wonderful from the rooftop onset. If wou want to use a private onsen (only way for a family), you are charged. If it were not for the Beach the trip would not be worth it. Shirahama itself is anything but appealing. Not much to do there.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2018

This hotel is located next tio Shirahama beach. It is a nice beach town where you have a great chances to see the locals enjoying the beach and the sun, which was a great experience. The hotel is nice although a little bit sterile. The bar is OK. The rooms are big and the beds are good. Swimming pool is cooled which is nice. Nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2018

We traveled to Shirahama to spend a few days on the beach before returning home. The hotel is situated on top of a hill and provides spectacular views of the bay. The Onsen on the top level is vert comfortable and a great place to view the sunset.

The bar at the ground level is a good spot to try a top-shelf Japanese Whisky, properly served.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view. Some rooms have an outdoor bath on the balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Stay there for 2 nights. 5 mins walk to beach. Beach is wonderful. You can rent a electric bike from hotel to tour around.

We rent a Japanese style room facing the sea the view is spectacular.

Most staff can speak simple English.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Checked in Jun 28 n out on July 1 there was an onsen in my my spacious room . My brother stayed in a single room which was huge too! Beautiful ocean view !
In the room the TV program were only in Japanese even CNN! The mattress was comfrey . The air con was perfect ( not blowing to the face)!
The hotel was clean and quiet . The staffs were friendly and helpful. It just took 10 min walk to the beach. Great location!
The breakfast had a wide variety and fairly good quality. The waiter held fresh hot croissants to serve customers !
I
However, there wasn’t complimentary bottle water for my brother’s single room! Surprise it happened in Marriott!
There is an hot spring onsen with a nice view to the beach , both indoor and outdoor but no cold water pool , sauna or steam bath! In the changing room , I was disappointed to find no Q tip, razor,toothbrush , shaving cream , aftershave lotion or big bath towels which are quite commonly found in most Japan hot spring onsen changing room! Again I don’t think it should be happened in Marriott !
I was frustrated to find out the in room hot bath tub was built next to the window without shower next to it! I couldn’t enjoy a cold shower in between dipping into the hot tub ! The worse part was I had to dry my body after the hot tub then walked across my room for the shower ! I want my money back !!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family