See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Most people write reviews after staying at a resort/hotel... I'm writing this review before we get there. We have been emailing with them for over a month now trying to pick a day to get out there and enjoy their amazing scenery at the base of the waterfall on the Izu Peninsula. I have been pretty crazy about my emails. Many questions, many emails... they would go long periods without answer but they reserved a room for us and kept it on hold until they heard back a definitive "YES". The customer service is already outstanding, somewhere where you would think there would be a huge language barrier and difficulty. I can already tell that our stay will be amazing and I'm so appreciative of their efforts and patience as I crazily plan our weekend getaway. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for attentiveness.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We visited this onsen as a family of five. First, the staff were exceptional. They gave us a sale price and gave is floaties for our kids. They explained everything for us. Also, the onsen is GORGEOUS!! It's right at the base of the large waterfall. There are many different pools to choose from. It's all absolute lovely and there are cave onsens which are super neat. I highly recommend!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

I booked this ryokan based on good reviews but quite disappointed. First, we went to outdoor onsen near the falls but theres so many flying insects (well, it's in the mountain, that's why) and we can't enjoy the place because of that. Somebody even saw a snake.
2nd, the pool is so dirty so nobody is using it. It's summer here in japan so we are looking forward to enjoy the pool near the falls. Maybe the staff should clean it.

The good side is the indoor onsen. Not crowded so i enjoy it. But aside from that, there's nothing good about this place. The food is not also special.

This is the first time i booked for my family and my japanese husband show a disappointing face.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2016

Amagiso was one of the finest ryokans we have experienced over the score of years we've been traveling to Japan. Hands down. This includes everything from posh city ryokans to village minshuku. The meals were exotic (as expected), but more importantly, the selection of hot soaking pools, including ones at the base of the adjacent waterfall, was unparalleled. If you didn't bring your own swimsuit (yes, the hot pools along the riverside and next to the waterfall require swimsuits, as both women and men use them together and they are not private baths), the ryokan will rent you one. You simply MUST take the 5 min walk to these outer pools and relax in the tranquil scenery!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

The authenticity of this location is first class! The hot onsens, the oodaru waterfall, the views and the hospitality all make this place magical. The food here is again authentic which is great cause it is all part of the experience... But I would say bring some snacks as I personally feel hungry right now

Date of stay: May 2016