See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2014

We really enjoyed this location. It was booked for three adults and one baby. We had a room with two beds and one tatami area for two to sleep. The booking is much cheaper if you find a deal online. This was, for us, an expensive resort... We're on a budget. The breakfast and dinner buffet had many different foods. Japanese and Western. There was also a Chinese buffet. I enjoyed that better.
The hotel is broken up to different buildings. The Main building, side buildings, restaurant, onsen, pool building, the cabins... It is a nice complex.

Onsen: We enjoyed the large onsen. There is a slightly heated "Lazy river" pool that has jacuzzi and just near it has an onsen that you wear your bathing suit. I like that because it gave the family time to spend together in the onsen and we didn't have to split up via the genders like you must when in the onsen.

This is a very relaxing place with a nice view outside the restaurant area.

It is centrally located near all the Nasu attractions.

We would stay here again, but probably would eat out some nights because the buffet was good but very expensive.

Best to have a car to get there.
If you don't speak Japanese or have someone with you that does.. Might be difficult but the staff was very friendly. Just don't misread the sign and go to the pool naked when you think your going to the onsen...haha

Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I actually traveled here quite a while ago, back in July '11 and needless to say, the views that you get from your room/dining area is spectacular! I am still a teenager writing this review, but, I became 'Japan-sick' as I say, and began to reminisce my time back in Japan, which made me write this review!
The room we stayed in was nice and tidy. We had clean Yukata's and a small safe to keep valuables in. Our Futons were already set up after we had our dinner.
The pool is usually quite busy, but, as we only stayed one night, we thought we could try it out, and it is, honestly, quite enjoyable! This included the hot spring which was at the back, and the sauna which I stayed in for quite a while. I think the pool is quite fitting for young children to play around in or play tag, which was what I did, ha!
However, moving on from the fun we had, the buffet was not satisfactory. Don't get me wrong, the service was excellent. I had no problems with any staff, whatsoever, but the food tasted horrible! All of it! Appearance - Good. Taste - Not so good. I took so much food onto my plate because it looked so good! My lunch was also a buffet, which i did not enjoy, so I didn't eat much food that day, which left me hungry for the rest of the night.

Overall, though, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone! Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to relax in the Onsens, but I'm sure they would have been fantastic!

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank Towaka M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Unfortunately I stay just for 1 night here in October 2012, I loved to expand the stay.
It is a complex of several buildings in a nice forest surroundings linked to hot springs. You really smell the sulphur components already when leaving the car.
Each hotel building has its own spring, but ou can try everything, there are traditional clothes and towels provided in the room, so you can easily walk to hot springs (open almost 24 h) and to the food locations, alternatively also a shuttle bus service is offered.
Meals are on buffet form, we loved to dinner buffet with plenty of seafood, sashimi, sushi (freshly prepared), homemade cookies and fruit puddings. And everything for a reasonable all-inclusive price offer.
Very relaxed atmosphere, good beds and very friendly and committed staff. Despite the fact the this location is not a western tourist hotspot (what even is an advantage still!), staff was very commited in talking english, I really appreciated that and say thanks a lot ! Highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank EgbertRudolstadt
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Even though we only stay for one night but we are satisfied with the resort. Our room is very spacious with western and Japanese style beds so we could sleep one each bed. The bathroom is separated between bathup and toilet. The buffet dinner and breakfast is very extensive and the taste is more than fine. Hotel staff is very attentive and help us to find the staff who can speak English. At the end hotel provide free shuttle bus to the Nasushiobara station. This save us thousands yen for taxi. Would recommend this resort for everyone who visit Nasu.

Room tip: Queen Collina room is big.
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I returned from Nasu and Ikaho Onsen, Japan a few weeks ago and can't help going back to this lovely, large, resort hotel again.

They occupy quite a large area which makes up of several buildings, a chapel, an onsen especially for day trip tourists and even a pet hotel.

The most impressed thing must be the vast choices of onsens which are located in the Main Building, the Garden Building and the day-trip onsen building. As a stay over guest, you can go to any one of them without paying extra costs, but the problem is you may not have enough time to try each and every one of them.

All the onsen facilities, room and lobby areas are very clean and well-maintained. Staff were tried to communicate with you whenever they can. If you really encounter problems in communications, you can ask for better-English-speaking staff and it won't cause any trouble.

The other impressed thing is their buffet dinner and breakfast provided. For buffets provided to hotel stay plans, you usually expect a lower standard. But the cuisines/dishes were far better, even better than those restaurants in 5 star hotels in Hong Kong!! I would say their Chinese buffet is much better than their Japanese buffet provided in the Main Building, but the latter has the sushi and long crab legs which saved some points in this regard.

Overall for the price of about HK$1,000 for a room plus this high level of breakfast and dinner buffet, I would go again for sure!!!

Date of stay: October 2011