All reviews buffet dinner west wing top floor shiretoko national park open air onsen great view private onsen coffee beans lovely hotel overlooking the harbour grinder outdoor bath main building club room wide variety of food buffet spread parked our car
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel with great service. Good to use as a base to explore shiretoko. However, as with most of Hokkaido, limited English is spoken here. Attention to detail is just impeccable. However, it rained a lot while we were here so could not explore the area much. There was a indoor mini kids playground which helped to keep my children entertained as it poured outside. Do note that this is a Japanese onsen hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Friendly and efficient service, comfortable room with our own Onsen on the terrace with a view of the coast. Japanese restaurant or varied buffet restaurant with a large selection of different food styles, very good. We enjoyed our stay. It was the right choice for exploring the peninsula

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food ( we had buffet for breakfast and dinner for four days, no complaints at all), though fairly big hotel super friendly personell, our room was one of the not renovated ones, but was ok; some noises from next door neighbours could be heard, especially when they were Chinese.
Would go there again, good onsen, indoor and outdoor.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

You don't expect to find a place like this in the far north of Japan. It is an incredible hotel with a lot to offer.
You get immersed into the Japanese culture, from the tatamis in the room to the kimonos..
The room with the onsen is a must-do and really nice.
The dining experience is also worthwile with an amazing buffet.
Last but not least, the staff is amazingly kind and caring. You can always get understood even if you don't speak Japanese !
Perfect location near the bus station from where you can discover this amazing pristine environment where bears are the kings.
Will come back !

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Globe-trotter297
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

The room that I stayed was in the Annex building. When I booked the room via the hotel website, it’s room type is called Group&family room for my party of 4 adults and 2 children. I wasn’t expecting much from the room, as the website did not provide many photos at that point of booking.
To my surprise, the moment I opened the door, I could smell the new wooden smell from the furniture. The room was newly renovated and with modern fittings.
The room has a common area with modern, an area for tatami and another room with 3 single beds. This room is definitely more than spacious for the 6 of us and the modern design does make our 2 night stay a very pleasant one indeed!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family