All reviews prince hotel hot pot room was large hotpot other hotels western style beds spoke english buffet dinner comfortable stay public bath national park drift ice hill culture hokkaido lobby guests
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Apparently, this hotel was sold and renamed to, "Shiretoko Prince Hotel".

This hotel is apparently more on the newer side because I didn't see the usual nicks and dings of older places. Anyways, the rooms were clean and hot like my other Hokkaido hotels. Thermostats don’t work during winters in Hokkaido so I didn’t need to use the futon sheets or pajamas. During my overnight stay, I enjoyed sitting next to the window and looking at the scenery in the late afternoon and morning. The optional public bath and hot spring was well kept. The buffet meals were very good. A good selection of different foods and they were tasty too, by my US-tastes.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2018

I manage to find a night bus to shiretoko from Sapporo 2days before our travel date. The night bus will arrive in shiretoko in the morning, while my check in time in Shiretoko Prince Hotel is at 3pm.
everything covered with snow and looks like no body around. We ere in front of the hotel which is no activity , no life at all. ( I thought I arrived in wrong hotel ). There was an announcement (in Japanese - I dont understand ) that looks like inform us that hotel will open at 3pm.
It was so cold outside and luckyly we found out there's 7Eleven around.
actually near 7Eleven there is Grand Hotel and they are so nice to let us stay in their lobby while waiting until our check in time. Really thanks to Grand Hotel for this.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We had to book a twin room and the number one ranked hotel was sold out so we decided to go with this hotel, which was also well reviewed on TripAdvisor.

The hotel is located on a hill above the city center, so it is a wee bit less convenient, but they provide a free car service to town and back (on the way back, just ask the visitor Centre or bus station to give the hotel a call to pick you up). As we enjoy walking and fresh air, we opted for an ice-cream from a convenience store and a leisurely stroll up the hill back to the hotel. It was just a short 10-15 minute walk and we took our own sweet time, enjoying the view along the way. My mom is in her late 60s and had an easy time of it.

The hotel's service is impeccable, with so much bowing we were really impressed! The lobby is also very welcoming, with lots of sofas and hammocks for you to laze around on.

Our twin room (western beds) were comfortable and of a decent size. The bathroom was spacious and we liked that the sink, toilet and shower areas were all separated. We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the quiet even though our room overlooked the carpark, probably due to double glazing of the windows.

The buffet breakfast and dinner were enjoyable and of good quality, though a little repetitive as we stayed for 2 nights. The DIY shabu shabu (Hotpot) was fun and healthy and a special highlight as it was not offered at the other resorts we stayed at during our Hokkaido trip.

An enjoyable stay overall. A bit pricey, as is the case for all the resorts in Utoro generally, but the service was faultless and we had a comfortable stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2017

When we first came in, we were greeted with warm smiles and cold towels. There were drinks in the lobby and cool chairs all around us. A staff member brought us up into our room, which was spacious and had western and japanese styles. The staff member introduced us to the room, and helped bring our suitcases in and helped us settle down a bit. The onsen was amazing, there was a kid corner with a television on a kid friendly channel. The bathroom had colourful baskets to bring down to the onsen and lockers to put them in, so your things can be safely stored. Inside the onsen, there were different stages so you won't be too hot when you get in. The outdoors onsen was beautiful and comfortable, and after the onsen there are plastic bags where you can put your wet towels in. At dinner time, there were scrunchies where you could tie your yukata sleeves in, so they won't keep brushing the food on the table. The food is amazing and worth the price of the premium buffet. There are all sort of amenities, such as they can send a letter to you one year later, and it isn't too expensive. Overall a very thoughtful and modern hotel. I recommend you to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Their onsen comes with Children's corner. Bath comes with Low warm to very warm, and a kid bath. Buffet dinner variety not as much comes with person hot pot but quite kids friendly again because kids can put their tray on trolleys when collecting food.
Since it is not close to sea, view from window was not as nice as other hotels that offer lake view etc. But the nicer part of the hotel is the lobby where they put very large screen display of nice places around hokkaido..

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family