We have just returned from Tomamu and all agreed that this shall be our last. We were holding high expectation of this trip to Tomamu after doing some research especially seeing good comments from other tripadvisor members. Upon our arrival and combing the area the first day, we felt that the rating on the resort was being over-stated. We would give a rating of 2.5/5.
We were greeted by a small lobby and a thin looking Christmas tree but a cup of welcome soup warmed our heart. It seemed that the hotel staff selectively helped hotel guest with the luggage and we were the unlucky one that had to help ourselves even though one of the hotel staff accompanied us all the way to the lift.
We have chosen a ‘Fourth Room’ and it was big as promised. The bed was uncomfortable and after our 2nd day, we have decided to shorten our stay by 1 day. The toilet was proportionally small given the size of the room. The view from the room was breath-taking for we were staying above 20th floor and the room cleanliness was okay.
The hotel offers ski-in/out facilities but we have to travel by shuttle bus to another place to engage ski instructor which we find an integrated service within the hotel would be better. We also learned that the hot bath was just a mock up onsen for it was ordinary water used.
We had a chance to sample a few restaurants during our few days stay and the most memorable taste was from the soup curry restaurant. The rest were just so-so.
We personally feel that Hilton Niseko would be a better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Tower" is one of the two hotels within the HOSHINO RESORTS TOMAMU RESORT.Located at the center of the resort area, The Tower has easy access to all facilities within the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Rakuten, Travelocity and JAPANiCAN so you can book your Hoshino Resorts Tomamu The Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tower Shimukappu Mura
- Hoshino Resorts Tomamu The Tower Japan/Shimukappu-Mura, Hokkaido