This hotel is huge. The outdoor parking itself is big as one of a shopping center. The lobby area is also huge and looks a little bit like a … shopping center ! The staff is always polite, as anywhere in Japan.
We selected this hotel because of its central location. Indeed, it is about mid distance between the North and the South extremities of Okinawa Honto island. However it is a little bit far from the main road and there is not much around. I strongly suggest using a rental car.
The room is relatively clean, but is definitely lacking of personality. The furniture is aging and tacky. The bed cover is horribly ugly. Everything was functional, but nothing was pleasant. The size of the room is good.
The buffet breakfast is mostly Japanese food, so are the customers. The view of the peninsula from the restaurant is amazing. However as the rest of the hotel, there is neither charm nor character. Everything is functional and that’s it.
We visited during Christmas and the hotel organized a Christmas dinner on 2 evenings. The buffet was not amazing, but was good enough. There was a live band and gifts were distributed to children. The atmosphere was not magic, but it was a nice gesture from the hotel.
I found only one thing that had character in this hotel : the onsen. It is an authentic onsen with a beautiful outdoor rotenburo. Even if the water is probably not volcanic, we enjoyed it.
As it was winter, we didn’t enjoy the beaches. However we went to take a walk and there is nothing worth mentioning. The beach is long, there is fake chapel for wedding, a big souvenir shop and some ruins around the hotel.
This hotel is functional. Beside its name, there is nothing exotic and I would never recommend it for a honeymoon for example. It is good for visiting the island and sleeping at night, for a fair price and with a good onsen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Okinawa Zanpamisaki Royal Hotel.A stunning white hotel that has an unbeatable seaside location and a warm personal service,Okinawa Zanpamisaki Royal Hotel is the perfect place to be during your stay in Okinawa.With dazzling marine blue ocean and picturesque sugarcane fields far and wide,we are sure that your stay in Okinawa will be a special one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Okinawa Zanpamisaki Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okinawa Zampamisaki Royal Hotel
- Okinawa Zampamisaki Royal Resort
- Okinawa Zanpamisaki Royal Hotel Okinawa Prefecture/Yomitan-Son, Japan