Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort
$432
$555
$453
  • Beachfront
The Atta Terrace Club Towers(Onna-son)
$770
$524
Agoda.com
Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Tancha-Bay(Onna-son)(Great Value!)
$266
$220
JAPANiCAN.com
Miyuki Hamabaru(Onna-son)
TripAdvisor
All reviewszip linelight showtropical fishfeed the fishspiral staircasefish foodbasketball courtnoodlestable tennislots of water activitieskids play areasofa bedexcellent beachball poolhoney moonmega zipindoor and outdoor activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The first solo trip in life.
Enjoy a nice relax time in Sunmarina.
Love the environment.

But, there is still things disappointed
1. free entry beach = open for public, got redeem coupon for beach facilities, but even the beach lounge chair cost more than that, why can't that be free for hotel users
2. wifi connection only at public zone, no wifi in hotel room
3. bathroom tub is abit old

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank YvetteYUI
Murao,Shigeki, 支配人 at Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear YvetteYUI,

Thank you for choosing Sunmarina Hotel as your first exciting adventure travelling alone! We are glad to hear that your time in Okinawa was relaxing and satisfactory.
Since your visit last September, we are happy to announce that WIFI is now accessible from all guestrooms free of charge. This was indeed one of our priority projects as we were fully aware of the necessity of internet service. Thank you also for taking the time to give us your feedback, and your comments will be taken into consideration with the management team.
In the meantime, we hope that you will return in the near future to enjoy our facilities and to discover more about the island.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

One caveat: I have limited experience with Japanese hotels, so this summary is based on my own comfort level as a frequent U.S. and European traveler.

January is clearly the off-season for this beachfront hotel, resulting in a quiet two-night stay. My top-floor room had a main floor with seating area and large bathroom. A spiral staircase lead to a cozy sleeping loft with two single beds. The bed was comfortable, with a very cozy comforter, although the pillows were way too hard for my liking (probably by design...i think these were some sort of ergonomic pillow). A generous balcony overlooked the resort and provided breezy views. My room provided most of the amenities I needed, including free in-room wifi. I was mostly able to connect my iPhone and iPad easily, although I did occasionally encounter low signal strength in my room. Lobby wifi was very strong without interruption. The room did not have an iron, but the front desk provided one upon request. The bathroom was clean and large, with a shower/tub wet room. Toilet had a washlet.

One note about the room in winter: the air conditioning unit was not operational. This may not be an issue for most winter travelers, but I do like cool air movement at night. I was able to get fresh air by opening the balcony door, but this does not get air moving in the sleeping loft. As I say, not a big deal for most...just a caution if important to your sleeping habits.

Breakfast was included in my group rate. A generous buffet with a wide selection of Japanese and western breakfast items. The hotel had a very nice bar area, as well as a few boutique gift shops. The property had several spa/beach/marina comforts that I did not utilize. I did however enjoy quiet walks along the waterfront and around the property. Cool, gray January weather made for a serene visit, free of most visitors.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BullbunkySF
Murao,Shigeki, 支配人 at Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear BullbunkySF,
Thank you for choosing Sunmarina Hotel, and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope that we were able to become your “home away from home”; to relax and refresh after a long day at work.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our WIFI environment (it will be completed at the end of Jan), and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused due to the instable connection from your room. Thank you for your valued comment, and we hope to rectify this issue as soon as possible.

As you may know, Okinawa is widely known for the warm (hot!) climate and beautiful beaches, but also has different faces where you can feel each season by the scenery, food, culture etc. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the tranquil, winter atmosphere, but at the same time hope that you will return to experience the different seasons, and utilize all of our facilities. Now, the cherry blossom trees are starting to bloom as we are the first to welcome Spring in Japan.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I rarely ever have disappointments to share, but we were not happy, after anticipating our stay there. The tub was soo small, the only person who could let their legs out is our 2.5 yr old son and I'm only 5ft 3 in. It was very dusty and annoyed my allergies so bad, partially due to the lack of really room service cleaning. Very small rooms. After 3 days of the same sand left in our hotel room, it was never cleaned, which I decided to do. Also, we got a knock on our door at 6am, then a phone call at 6:15 and another time at the door ringing the bell with a note "objection to the room, please have safety in room." On a vacation, this isnt the time to be up early to a note that doesn't communicate what the conflict was. Yes, I'm all for learning Japanese, but when it comes to serious situations, you need to know how to communicate to the people in the hotel. I feel like if an emergency happened, we wouldnt know what to do, since there's a bad lack of language communication.
The food was great and people nice, but never will we be back and we enjoy Zanpa Hotel better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ontherun669
Murao,Shigeki, 支配人 at Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear ontherun669,

Thank you for staying at Sunmarina Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We are fully aware of the importance of room cleanliness and communication skills, and will continue working with our Housekeeping and Front Desk Teams even more in order to provide quality service.
We are very sad to hear that your stay with us was disappointing, and can only hope that you will be back to give us another chance.
Thank you very much again, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit to Sunmarina Hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I went to visit our daughter and son-in-law and stayed at this hotel. The lobby is lovely, and our room was very comfortable and spacious. The beds were a little too firm for my taste, but my husband liked them. Some of the people at the front desk have very limited English, but work very hard to understand you. We received vouchers for breakfast or lunch, which was a nice change from being limited to breakfast only. The outdoor pool was closed for the winter, but the grounds were lovely. Every room has a balcony overlooking the beach, and the view is delightful. We would happily stay here again if in Okinawa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tscollett

Dear tscollett,

Thank you for staying with us at Sunmarina Hotel, and for your kind compliments regarding our facilities and services. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the relaxing ocean view from your room, and the brunch coupons at our buffet restaurant “Senses”.
We hope that you will be back to visit your family again soon, and that you will consider another stay at Sunmarina Hotel.
Thank you very much, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed 4 days in November 2012. Our room was on the 10th floor with excellent view in both directions of the ocean. The hotel is quiet, the service good, and it is worth the money to make the reservation more than 45 days in advance via the hotel group website to get additional coupons you can use either for breakfast or for lunch.
The staff is friendly and helpful, and I do absolutely not agree with all that people here in the forum that complain about the lack of knowledge of the English language. If one is travelling in the country of Japan one has to expect that English is not spoken fluently everywhere. But this is outweighted by far by the helpfulness of the Japanese.
Taken all together the Sunmarina is a very good choice and worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atalantaBergamo
Murao,Shigeki, 支配人 at Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear atalantaBergamo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to comment on your stay.
We highly recommend guests to access our hotel website, as our best rates with the best benefits are available there. We are happy to learn that you were satisfied with our Advance Purchase Package, and hope that you were able to fully enjoy our facilities.
We also appreciate your kind understanding about our staff's service and language abilities.
We will continue to strive on providing our friendly but professional service to all of our valued guests.
Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sunmarina Hotel next time!

Best regards,