A bit off the beaten track, this hotel seems frozen in time in many respects. We booked a premium ocean view room, but were given an upgrade to a premium pool view on the south side thanks to my IC Ambassador card. The room was pleasant enough, comfortable without being luxurious, situated on the top (9th) floor with greats views of both pools and the bay area. The room was clean and well maintained, even though the decor was a bit dated. I found the full window between the room and the bathroom rather disconcerting, blinds notwithstanding. Wi-fi was free, albeit a little temperamental. The public facilities are attractive and well kept up, particularly the pool area, although again I could not escape the feeling that the hotel needs a face lift. The internal atrium going up the full 9 floors is impressive at first glance, but the white metal balustrades on each floor look a bit grubby on closer inspection, no doubt due to the proximity to the sea. The elevators are painfully slow at peak hours. The gym is small but fairly well equipped. Unfortunately the weather was not kind to us, so we did not have much chance to use the beach facilities, but from what we saw there is a very active beach and water sport scene going on at Manza beach. Of the onsite restaurants, we tried only the Aqua Belle which gives a good tasty meal at a reasonable price, but there are also Japanese and Chinese restaurants in the hotel, and a steak house close by. Note however, that all restaurants take last dinner orders at 9.00pm (sic!), and the room service menu is but a brief read. The staff were unfailingly helpful and polite, especially in the executive lounge on the top floor, although we had the odd communication difficulties. Breakfast in the Aqua Belle was actually very good. Guided tours of the island are available, but we preferred to hire a car and drive around. With a built-in English language GPS and well sign-posted roads, it really was very easy and convenient. In conclusion, a pleasant and reasonably priced resort hotel with good facilities and a very considerate staff, but not quite up to the Intercontinental standard I am used to in other facilities of the chain.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Manza Beach Hotel Onna-Son
- Intercontinental Onna Son
- Onna Son Intercontinental
- ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort Okinawa Prefecture, Japan