This is a superbly run all-integrated Japanese resort. I am stressing 'Japanese' as it's not as 'international' as the 'Intercontinental' name might suggest. However, if you like Japan (which I assume), then you will love this place.
Getting there from Naha Airport: by Airport Limousine bus (one of the oldest buses I have rode in the past few years), 100 minutes, USD 18.00. By taxi about USD 100 and 50-60 minutes (traffic can be like mud in Naha).
The staff speaks little but sufficiently English. They are super polite and do their very best for you.
Make sure you book a sea view room. The views are breath taking (even partial sea view is great).
The hotel has several integrated restaurants (you must make a reservation at the 'Restort Center Desk' for Dinner/Lunch - not required for breakfast). Most the restaurants are 'buffest style'. The grill restaurant is at the connected beach, 5 minutes to walk (a well lit path, or shuttle bus). Prices are not cheap (USD 40 up per person). All are ok, just the 'Aqua Bell' (the international restaurant) is not worth it.
The hotel has several integrated shops for souvenirs, sunscreen (you will need it!). Prices are ok compared to local shops (obviously a bit at a premium but that ok). The hotel also has a morning market in the hall where you can buy local fresh fruit (a must try - totally different from what you get in you super market).
The rooms are very clean, well maintained and spacious (I had a standard sea view room). Everything has already been though trough (there is a pre-installed rope on the balcony to dry you clothes, a movable mosquito net to the balcony (btw there were no mosquito), a nicely filled mini bar with ok prices (less than USD 3 for a soda can). The beds are had (which I personally like) and rather short (well, both caters well for our Japanese friends).
The rooms have a rubber (?) floor/carpet. Ideal for cleaning/beach sand, but the room will smell very bad when you first walk it (be prepared). You will get used to it. The aircon works well, can be set individually and is very silent.
Internet is free (wireless in the lobby and cabled in the room), speed is ok.
There is light musical entertainment in the main hall each evening. Usually a solo player. We had a saxophone player that brought almost everyone out into the hall to listen - really great.
You can keep the window open at night and listen to the surf - wonderful.
Breakfast is until 10:00 (so don't sleep in all day) - the selection is rather Japanese than western but also features some small bred, bacon, scrambled eggs (at least it was labelled this way), various cereals. But you will not find your usual strawberry jam...
There is a 'Coco' 24hours shop about a mile from the hotel door (just right outside of the hotel car park). You can get almost anything there (except strawberry jam ;-)
The hotel is very kids friendly. There is a kiddy pool and almost anything your kid will need/like (from high-chairs in the restaurants to attentive staff).
The resort centre can arrange any kind of trips / taxis / transfers for you. Note: most tours are guided in Japanese.
3 things that really puzzled me:
- there is no gym in the hotel
- the lifts are dead slow and you will often see large groups waiting in front of the elevators around breakfast/dinner time (they recommend taking the emergency stairs, but no one knows where these are...).
- no chair/table on the balcony (you can haul outside the chair if you are strong enough)
This hotel is a safe bet for 3 days in Okinawa.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Manza Beach Hotel Onna-Son
- Intercontinental Onna Son
- Onna Son Intercontinental
- ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort Okinawa Prefecture, Japan