Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great first diving experience!

Just started my open water diving adventures with Stefan and I wasn't disappointed. He was helpful... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2021
Jhunter432
Amazing

I did the Open water PADI license with Stefan, and I have to say, he was absolutely outstanding... read more

Reviewed September 23, 2021
lukesO8281DX

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Onna-son
from $58.32
from $26.92
from $58.67
More Info
All reviews dive shop open water great equipment high quality great dive diving experience rental equipment three days a lot of fun blue cave feel comfortable padi owd great guy memorable experience sea turtles marine life jan
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Two nice Instructors to take care of us under sea.
First dive was great to dive into Blue Cave hole. There was so dark, we needed to use flashlight to see some interesting red fishes inside.
Second dive was so so because underwater visibility was not so good and found that nearly 99% of Okinawa’s Coral Reef was destroyed by typhoon.
We wish that Okinawa government do well in reforestation of Coral Reefs soonest.

Date of experience: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
jan-japan, Owner at Piranha Divers Okinawa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Thank you for diving with us, the red fisher were Black eyed soldier fish.
At Yamada point you have a lot of sand and the coral farms, they are a collaboration between government and Okinawa fisherman corporation, Okinawa is increasing in popularity the broken reefs are mostly due to bad anchoring of boats but mostly global warming.
Thank you again for joining us.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

It's very hard to choose a dive shop from so many choices because you don't know how exactly they are until you dive with them. I feel so lucky I chose Piranha divers. I got my open water license here 4 years ago with the owner Jan. I decided to learn to dive with Jan because he was the only person who answered all my questions so clearly. I felt very welcome before I really dived with him. The ow course impressed me a lot and I'm so glad I chose here as the start of my diving journey. Now I came back us a diving instructor and did fun dive with them. Jan serviced my regulator and also helped out with my other gear's problem before I came. I did 4 fun dives with another instructor Otavio after my regulator got serviced. Otavio is such a freindly person to chat with and also very professional in taking us diving. We exchanged many fun stories and experience. Piranha diver is where opened my underwater world.I really appreicate and hope to come back soon.

Date of experience: April 2019
jan-japan, Owner at Piranha Divers Okinawa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you for your kind words! Very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

It was a really great experience diving with Piranha and Otavio. The dive was the USS Emmons with a very small group. Everything was well set-up and ran like clockwork. Otavio was attentive, aware, careful, knowledgeable and kind. You do need to be an experienced diver for this site and must be comfortable being responsible for your gear and safety. It was an dive experience I will never forget!

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

I had the chance to spend a couple of days diving with Piranha and I was fully satisfied. From the equipment to safe instructions (on deep dives especially), all was perfect. Thank you Otario for the nice pictures and the big burger haha

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Solo traveler + 11 year break from my last dive. Jan and his team took time to help me refresh my skills. We went out with a small group, and one dive master made sure to stuck with me when I wandered a little ways from the group... Whoops!
Other local dive shops were taking out huge groups, which looked a little chaotic and obtrusive to nature.

Everything from transportation and gear was taken care of beyond my expectation. Just as a reminder to folks- with any sport like this, it is still important to ask questions (before you arrive) if you have them. Jan quickly replied to my questions, as well as made adjustments for me when some travel plans went awry.

Any company relies on customers to communicate their needs and skill-level ahead of time. There is no shame is asking questions to clarify, as much as any experienced diver should share what they are hoping to get from the dive before they head out. Even if you are a well-seasoned diver, rules and regs vary by country, which may limit what you think a service "should" be providing. For the few reviews where customers had a "negative" experience, I think their feeling could have been resolved if they communicated more, or just literally paid attention to what Jan told them.

Really great crew that respects the sea- highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction