“Professional, relaxed and amazing diving in Okinawa”

Piranha Divers Okinawa
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Onna-son
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Scuba Diving in Okinawa, Japan and teach diving after PADI. We are specialized in diver training for non Japanese speaking Divers. Please visit our web site for more information.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visited Jan's little dive shop in the beginning of July 2013, and stayed for 3 days. I had brought along my dive gear and my underwater camera for a couple of days of diving. I borrowed a BCD and noticed that all his gear appeared well maintained. Jan arranged the pick-up from the local bus, and arranged boat and dive site. Jan also helped sort out my accommodation cheap and local for my visit, and gave good advice on where to try the local food. Jan is a very skilled and professional dive instructor, that allows the diving to happen in a relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend this little dive shop any day, for anyone who wants to go scuba diving in Okinawa. Thanks for a lot of great dives - Steen, Denmark

1  Thank steen k

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's always fun, fun ,fun, diving with them!
Exciting spots ! Perfect Shop ! Recommend to everyone !
THANK YOU, see you next time.
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

1  Thank KuandDa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I dived with Piranha Divers during my second trip to Okinawa, and Jan was in contact with me everyday to ensure that the typhoon risk didn't affect our dive plans. On the dive itself, he quickly assessed my level and provided me with a couple of new experiences which challenged me but matched my abilities and. If you are in the area and are looking for relaxed, enjoyable dives, I recommend you invest your time, money and safety with Piranha Divers rather than their English speaking competitors in Chatan.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Amazing! My wife and I had a great experience. They are the perfect guides for foreigners wishing to dive in Okinawa. We did their "Discover Diving" program and were guided by Dan, who is from England, so there were no concerns about communication of important safety information. We dove in a cave, and while it was crowded with other beginner divers, both the scenery and fish were beautiful.

We got picked up at the hotel, which made things very convenient, as we didn't have a car.
Note: their web site says that this outing takes three hours, but out of that time, only 30 minutes was actually spent in the water. There was also a lot of waiting around for the boat to leave, since we were sharing it with another diving group. We definitely felt that we got our money's worth, though! (The price included all equipment)

jan-japan, Owner at Piranha Divers Okinawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your nice review!

Please know that stated that the times stated on our homepage are solely for planing purposed of your trip.
In this case three hours is meant to be from the time we meet until the time you'll return to your hotel.

Thank you again for diving with us!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a fantastic time diving with Jan and his assistant, Dan. Jan did a fabulous job communicating via e-mail throughout the reservation process. He answered all my questions quickly and thoroughly, and even helped us reserve a room at a charming B&B near his shop. In person, Jan was both friendly and no-nonsense, setting up our equipment quickly and providing my girlfriend and another inexperienced diver with just enough information for them to feel comfortable and confident in the water. Unfortunately, we were unable to do our planned whale shark dive due to unfavorable weather conditions, but Jan was quick to offer an alternative dive at a moment's notice. I recommend him to anyone looking to dive in Okinawa, experienced or not, and I'm sure we'll be diving with him again soon!