“built for romantic holidays”

Kafuu Resort Fuchaku Condo Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels / Ryokan in Onna-son
Israel
“built for romantic holidays”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as part of a scientific conference in March 2013. This hotel is certainly not the typical hotel for such an event. The rooms are huge. I got a suite that was composed of an inner double bed room and an outer double bed room, and I think that is the smallest room they have. Certainly much more than a single person needs, but I guess I am not the typical clientele. The service was impeccable, the views are splendid, and it seems that the whole area is built towards marriage ceremonies and vacations, and groups of young people (I guess if four share the room, it id not that expensive). Unfortunately in March it was too cold for me to swim (I am spoilt by Mediterranean beaches), so there is not much else to do there (I was hoping for some museums related to WWII battles, but this is well downplayed in what the Japanese agreed to exhibit in the local memorial/museum). Breakfast was big, and consisted of both Japanese and western dishes, though it was very expensive in my view. I ate dinner once at the restaurant and the food was good, they also have a cafe where one can get lighter snacks. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

not the top 10 hotel of the world, but this place gave me a world class relaxation with my wife. comparing the other hotels in the area, Kafuu provided us a new clean and spanious room, with 180 degree ocean view at 10th floor from a balcony same width as the room. within the room, large shower room and separate toilet, high speed wifi which is important concerns for business trip, a radio clock can charge your ipod (&play songs). on 2nd floor, bar & shop opens till midnight, and we joined an activity for seeing whales (it just picked up at lobby, so convenience), it just fun. help and service from hotel are just great, all in english.

however, hotel got fully booked most of the time, need to plan earlier if want to stay here, and not sure why the car park spaces just got not enough which is full so early at 9pm. if you want to go down to beach, you need to cross a road which quite dangerous!

planning our next visit with Kafuu already, just regreting we didnt book here from our previous holiday in okinawa.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank sesamep
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a marriage retreat and had an awesome time with family and friends. Staff was friendly and professional. Food was tasty. Rooms were fabulous. Definitely recommend to the couple or family traveler. Beach right across the street and every now and then the sweet sound of Hawaiian music plays across the speakers. Nihedebiru Kafuu! :)

• Stayed February 2013
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed January 31, 2013

As we walked into the hotel the first time, it seemed as if everyone who worked here was out to greet us-- which immediately put a smile on my face. The openess of everything here enabled us to really 'breathe' forgetting about the things that usually boggle us down in our everyday lives. It's as if just stepping in the hotel took away all our worries, concerns, etc.
Our two bedroom in the condo area also took my breath away. Everything was immaculate from the pajamas to the beds to the outdoor lanai/porch. The dining areas were wonderful and everything we had in the restaurants made us yearning for more because it was all so delicious. The staff always went out of their way to notice us, to bow, to say a greeting. Customers are treated like royalty here. Thank you, Kafuu Resort for an unforgettable time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I came to Kafuu on a marriage retreat. We live in Okinawa, and we had driven by here several times, but never stopped to check it out. But since we`ve arrived, it has been wonderful! The hotel staff is super nice, especially an Australian staff member named Carl, since our Japanese isn`t so good. The rooms are off the chain, beautiful from floor to ceiling. It was so nice to flop into the super comfy beds, clean up in the large double sinks, prepare breakfast in the little awesome kitchen, sit and relax on an awesome balcony with a phenomenal view of the South China Sea, walk through the gardens, read a book in the little pagoda library, sit and eat dinner as the sun set on the terrace, and look at the beautiful poolside area. We went during the winter, and it was a little cold for swimming, but so pretty. The beach was a 2 minute walk out the front door, and was so clean and beautiful and full of awesome shells! It was nice soft sand, and was very gently sloping so if we did have kids with us (we didn`t `cause of the marriage retreat) they would have been able to play very safely and enjoyed it. The dining places were all awesome, with food to tempt both Japanese and American tastes, and there was plenty of it! We saw plenty of Japanese families, elderly folks, and young couples, so this is a place for everyone. There are dozens of small shops in the nearby streets, so you can easily find souveniers, or knicknacks to take home with you. We went to a nice jewlery place down the street, and there was a massage place across the street and down the road too. And for a charge, you can get awesome spa treatments in the hotel. Many couples we were with took advantage of this and said they loved it. I think the thing I liked the most was that I really felt like I was away. Usually when we travel, daddy still has tons of responsibilities, but on this trip, the hotel really relaxed me and the atmosphere was just what I needed. This will be one of my memorable hotel stays. My wife and I really enjoyed Kafuu, and so, we hope that Kafuu is for You too!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor on the end, on the Condo side, and it was AWESOME! Great view, but proba...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place is awesome. Great food, beautiful clean rooms and a wonderful view of the ocean. Staff speaks English well and is very accommodating. Room service is very quick and the prices are fair and the same as in the restaurant itself.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What an amazing place! The food is great. The service is awesome. My husband and I are having a spectacular time. I absolutely love the view we are receiving. makes me never want to leave...lol. Only downfall is we leave Saturday.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onna-son
Hotel Nikko Alivila Yomitan Resort Okinawa
Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort
Renaissance Okinawa Resort
The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
Hotel Monterey Okinawa Spa & Resort
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort

Been to Kafuu Resort Fuchaku Condo Hotel? Share your experiences!