“Such a great place for everyone!”

Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Motobu-cho
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've been here twice and the second time I loved it just as much as the first! Make sure to go on a beautiful day because it is such a beautiful place not only on the inside but the outside. The whale sharks are just beautiful. I will be going 4 times this year with the amount of guests that we have and I am not dreading the next two trips and am looking forward to them!

Tip: if you stop off at Family Mart you can get a discounted ticket!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Loved the Dolphin show, the aquarium was huge with a great selection of sea creatures. Food and souviners available everywhere, it was wet the day we went but we still had a great time.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

A good place. Plan your visit during off peak. Gets really crowded. A bit expensive. Beautiful flowers and spacious compound.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have an annual pass and always visit the aquarium. It's fun although my husband find it boring. My 2 years old loves everything there. Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to look at whale sharks from above the tank. When we visited the elevator was out of order. I would recommend this place to anyone who visit okinawa. Oh and if you will stay here for a year, it is worth it to buy an annual pass.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is my favourite aquarium ever. I love the adorable whale sharks. It's clean, friendly, relaxing, and well structured with interesting tanks, including one that goes across the ceiling so that you have the fish swimming above you. Cafe Ocean Blue, located inside the aquarium is amazing. A great place to snack while watching the sea life activity in a giant tank that serves as a wall of the cafe.The aquarium has wonderful little souvenirs, and the surrounding area is beautiful.