“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Motobu-cho
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been to what i thought was a few to many Aquariums but a friend wanted me to go with him so i did. I am so pleased it was a fantastic experience. For the actual main Aquarium you can do it in 2 hrs however there is so much more else to see in the grounds you can quite easily make an afternoon or at a push full day of it the kids will love it... The main pool with the sharks is just breathtaking and a real experience. Try and park as near to the main building as possible as there are quite a few steps and escalators to navigate. We found that we arrived at 5pm and there was a discount for later entry to the venue. There are plenty of places to eat and get drinks plus a well stocked souvenir shop on site. The venue was very child friendly with plenty of the tanks at low level for small children.

There are newer reviews for Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Churaumi aquarium is a fun place to visit for both adults and children. Lots of things to see and touch. Also for those who go diving you get a good look at what to watch out for when you are diving!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I joined our company trip to Okinawa and one of the attraction in our itinerary is Churaumi Aquarium. I was struck by seeing the great whale sharks that swims around the tank! It's my first time to see them face to face and it was an unforgettable experience. It was so gentle and huge! Some dolphins and other species adds a delightful experience for the young and old alike. The aquarium is set on an amazing seaside park with a view of a shallow reef and an awesome island view from afar. The dolphin show was an addition to the fun but the only negative thought about it is the Japanese language presentation which is not appreciated by people from other country like me. For photo enthusiast this place is one of the best place to be thought the time we were there is summer so be prepare for the extreme heat and bring along more fluids!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's an amazing experience to finally visit the famous aquarium and it is simply spectacular! Be prepared to 'fight' for the good spot when you visit there because there are throngs of locals and foreign tourists alike who wants the best spot especially during the feeding time.

If you have free time to spare, find a spot inside the restaurant (try your best to get the spot right next to the aquarium glass), order a drink and just sit down and watch the whale sharks, sting rays and other amazing sea creatures swimming by you.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This Aquarium was one of the places that I looked forward to visit when I am planning my trip to Okinawa.

Finally, I get to visit the tank with the three big whale sharks. Initially, I was excited! However, that wears off fast once I realized how small the tank is! For three whale sharks to swim in that small tank, I really start to feel sorry for them.

Started as a happy visit, ended with a sad one.