“Our only disappointing dinner in Nozawa Onsen”
Review of At Kai

At Kai
Reviewed January 17, 2018

We dined at Kai because they were putting on a buffet dinner before the Fire Festival. There’s no nice way to say this: it was terrible. Low quality mush that reminded me of the sort of rubbish we got served at school camps. My wife was also given what has to be the worst attempt at a cocktail anyone around the table had ever tasted.

I’m not someone who likes to leave bad reviews, but considering all the wonderful food available in Nozawa, my family really felt like we’d wasted a meal by going to @Kai.

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

野沢に滞在中数回ディナーに伺いました。ホームメイドのパスタとパンがかなり美味しかったです。あとキーライムチーズケーキって言うのも一回食べてハマりました!美味しい!また次の冬行くのが楽しみです!
Dined at Kai a few times while I stayed in Nozawa.Really enjoyed fresh made pasta and home baked bread!Also had to have the key-lime cheese cake twice...seriously good!
Service was friendly and attentive as well. Oh also the free onsen nearby(Kumanote I think) is a really good one as well, brand new and beautiful.
I'm looking forward to going back there in next season

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

The food here was delicious!
Everything was super fresh, incredibly tasty and made with heart!
Western dishes with a Japanese twist!
Great size portions and presented beautifully!
The restaurant is located inside the Kamatoya Hotel, a little stroll down from the main centre and very peaceful!
Great for families (there's lots on the menu for kids) couples, singles and a great space for big parties looking for somewhere to eat all together which can be hard in Nozawa!
The morning breakfast buffet between 7am-9am is available to not only the hotel guest but walk ins aswell and is the BEST breakfast in town!!
The chefs here are of a very high calibre and very accommodating to any dietary needs.
Go check them out!