Tripadvisor
Hakuba-mura

Recommended experiences in and around Hakuba-mura
from $1,091.94
from $362.23
from $220.09
More Info
All reviews ski town free shuttle buses peak season beautiful snow powder days per day mountain pass snow conditions other resorts fresh powder skiing holiday rice from australia great resort variety australians happo
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been to Hakuba a couple of times. Goryu and Hakuba 47 probably my favourites. The other slopes to the east of the mountain are excellent too but more likely have lift closures and seems to get less snow. For really good reliable snow, I’d stick to these two, especially if your visit is short.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 23, 2019

Although it has lesser slopes than the french alps, its still a nice replacement if you cant afford it

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

Our first time in Hakubacho, my husband and I are now loyal fans. Such a pretty area, quiet and restful, with so many picturesque moments to enjoy. The buildings and houses add to the overall charm. And we loved the cuisine. Don’t miss out on the soupy dishes like ochasuke (tea broth rice) and soba. Nagano, which is the region that Hakuba is located, is known for its soba dishes; basically, it would be difficult to find soba that isn’t delicious. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019

A ski resort town with almost-none Japanese soul. We rented a house from a European landlord, rented ski equipments from a shop manned by Caucasians and dined in restuarants where the staffs were all white. Most of the skiers were foreigners so I guess Japaneses don't even step a foot in here. It's my first time skiing in Japan so I don't know whether other ski resort towns in this country are all like this, not that I mind since I couldn't speak a single Japanese word. If you want to experience fine-dining Japanese dinner, I suggest you book restaurants in advance since almost everywhere were full when everyone came down from the mountains. There are so many ski resorts in the area so you wouldn't get bored even after spending a week there; you might need at least 3 days for Hakuba Happo-One alone. The powder's really great!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

We absolutely loved the hakuba area all the ski resorts offer a wide variety of slopes with great deals available

Date of experience: February 2019