Snowlines Lodge Hakuba
Hotel Soyokaze(Hakuba-mura)
  • Restaurant
Hakuba Happokan(Hakuba-mura)
View Hotel
All reviewshome away from homenice communal areathe busplace to stayheart and soulgreat hostsother guestsski fieldsjapanese cookingwifi accessski tripaffordable accommodationafter a long daygreat barshare storiesgood sized roomsfantastic holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Snow lines felt like home straight away. By the time I left I really felt part of a ski family. My dream came true. Great hospitality! Great great service. Awesome Japanese bathroom. Bus stop to ski fields just outside. I will definitely be back. Oh and lovely bar, lounge a food, oh and a yummy cheese platter. What I loved was getting back from a day in the slopes and finding my slippers sitting there ready to be worn. Thanks Sarassa, Stephen, jake and Rib.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Perfect location, clean and friendly. Steven and Sarassa were such wonderful hosts, helped us out with organizing transport / equipment and gave super useful recommendations. The bar / lounge area is awesome après ski for a few drinks and tip-swapping with the other guests. Lots of experienced snow enthusiasts (we were beginners) for us to pick their brains on technique and best runs. Rooms were large and comfortable. Shuttle stop literally on doorstep is a godsend. Hope you're not shy though - Japanese style communal showers and onsen! Amazing experience, hope to be back next year!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I traveled alone and stayed at Snowlines Lodge the end of August, 2012. The reason why I decided to stay there is for English study. I'm studing English by myself now, so I wanted to have a chance to talk with Natives. I told my purpose to Sarasa-san before I stayed here, she suggested me a great idea! So I enjyoed dinner and conversation with Sarasa-san and Steve-san :) It was really great time for me! They were very friendly and kind :D The Lodge was large, clean and bed was so comfortable! I could sleep well and I slept over...omg! Foods were also great! Everything was perfect for me!!!!! I'd like to recommend particularly many English students to stay here if you want to be a good English speaker :) They'll surely help you! All I can say is, "Snowlines Lodge is awesome, fabulous!" I'm thankful to them for giving me a great time! I'll be back soon, guys :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at Snowlines Lodge in January 2012. The lodge is in a fantastic location in Hakuba with very easy access to the ski resorts. There is also a bus stop outside the lodge that has regular free shuttles that take you to and from the further resorts such as Tsuigaike. The lodge is large and very homely and comfortable, with a fantastic lounge area and bar. The room that I stayed in was also very comfortable and spacious. The bar meals were fantastic, in particular the Japanese fried chicken was delicious and very affordable. Continental breakfast was also included in the room booking and the chef was cooking hot breakfasts upon request. Snowlines Lodge also has two indoor Japanese Onsen baths which was an absolute luxury after a busy day of snowboarding.

The staff were super friendly and Steve and Sarasa absolutely went out of their way to make my holiday enjoyable. They were always happy and smiling and always up for a chat. Steve even drove me to one of the local snowboard shops one night and helped me choose a new snowboard to buy.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wizard2809
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I first visited Snowlines in October 2011 as part of a group that was attending a friends wedding. That was my first trip to Japan. From staying here and experiencing the local cuisine and way of life, I had booked my return visit the 2nd day on returning to Australia.

In Jan 2012 I caught up with some friends for my first ever snowboarding experience. Snowlines assisted in every way imaginable, from lift tickets (including lunches), transfers to and from Narita airport, where to eat.... What other reviewers have said thus far is spot on. The best way I could describe it as easy.. Considering you are in another country with potential cultural and language barriers, everything's just very easy.

Another thing worth mentioning is the cost of an overall ski trip here. If you're looking to ski / board for a week, it's no more expensive to come to Snowlines given the cheaper food, accom, lift tickets etc...

Booked for 2013 already.