“1st Snowboarding in this season!”

Hakuba Happoone Ski Resort
Ranked #4 of 61 things to do in Hakuba-mura
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Area is limited due to few snowing, but I really enjoyed sunny snowboarding!

1  Thank PeterTokyoPeter
in 8 reviews
"new zealand"
"amazing snow"

Reviewed October 24, 2013

variable terrain, plenty of space and 4 sides of the mountain to choose from. Excellent infrastructure to move people up the mountain, never overcrowded.
Plenty of terrain to choose from on piste - but very limited off-piste. Being in the middle of Honshu island, the weather might be tricky - it rained in Feb 2013.....
But then the famous Japanese dump has occurred, restoring the faith in best powder snow in the world.....

2  Thank Wojtek23
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great snow,great food, great people,cheaper than I imagined.
The snow was brilliant, deep powder, no crowds, varied runs, with friendly people,food on the hill was cheaper than I imagined. Couldn't go back to Thredbo after this

2  Thank Jshwell
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Such a great place! Great snow all over the mountain, but the main runs tend to get congested with people sitting just over the lip, so if you're a keen skier/boarder stick with the upper hill - and take low skis, you'll loooove it!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 1, 2013

As a beginning snowboarder, I can't offer much in the way of comparisons to other resorts, however, I was very pleased with my experience at Hakuba. My Japanese speaking ability is almost nonexistent, so I was very pleased to see that the signage included English, and my there were lessons available in English. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I had to rent boots and a board, and the shop clerk at the resort spoke perfect English. It saved me a lot of trouble when requesting my size 32 cm snowboarding boots, which I am happy to say, were available (Most shoe stores in Japan do not carry anything near my size, and a few other independent rental shops I looked at didn't have my size either). With all my equipment ready to go, and a half a day of lesson's under my belt, I ventured out onto the slopes by myself. Everything was well organized, and the other skiers and snowboarders were friendly and respectful.

4  Thank MitchDoogle