Bears Den Mountain Lodge
$146
$178
$137
Trip.com
Hotel Sierra resort Hakuba(Hakuba-mura)
$251
Ryokan
$169
$138
Rakuten Travel
Hakuba Highland Hotel(Hakuba-mura)(Great Value!)
$117
JAPANiCAN.com
Hakuba Hotel Ougiya(Hakuba-mura)
Hotel Hakuba Hifumi(Hakuba-mura)
$245
$229
JAPANiCAN.com
All reviewshot tubplace to stayquality linenhome cooked breakfastother guestslocal knowledgeevery morningguest roomsan amazing hostopen fireheated flooringfamily ski trippick upsnew friendsan aussierooms are spacioustired muscles
Reviewed October 6, 2011

A friend and I visited on recommendation from family who ski (and stay at Bears Den). Wow...we had a great time, albeit it, too short. Lesley and Riley were very friendly, the rooms and living area felt you were staying at a friends house, and having local knowledge made our trip so much easier. They turned on the weather for us and we were able to spend our time exploring the beautiful country. Fingers crossed our future plans will include a ski trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Lesley, Tim and Riley made excellent hosts. The bedrooms and living areas are terrific. Fantastic views over the snow.

They were there for everything we needed from washing, cooking and last minute lost goggles. The place feels like your lounge room, with friends popping in for a drink and a cuppa.
Nothing is a problem.
My family would love to go back for another holiday and make the Bears Den our place of choice.

Warm Regards, Nikki Zach
Sydney Australia

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Have stayed at a few places in Japan at various resorts and the Bears Den certainly is the best of the lot. Great friendly staff with good local knowledge .Warm comfortable rooms .Nice bar with great prices for ski apres . Defiantly where I will stay next time. If I was a bear the Bears Den is where I would want to hibernate .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

If you are reading this and we both know you are, you can see this is another positive review. Like me you have probably read all of these positive reviews for The Bears Den and if youve stayed there each review will bring back beautiful memories of a 5 star experience because they are all spot on. If you haven't stayed there then these reviews are starting to look the same and I'm not going to add to the ever growing pile of awesomeness that is The Bears Den because you are obviously looking for something else. So here it is the one big negative that no one else will tell you about their Bears Den experience, are you ready, cause here it is " We didn't stay long enough". Seriously If you are planning to holiday in Japan and have some awesome memories like my Family and I have, stay at the Bears Den

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hello all
just to update my previous review
Have traveled back to Japan in 2010 & 2011 destination Hakuba
I had to stay in a nice enough Japanese hotel for a short time in 2010 as the Bears Den was booked for the 1st part of the trip because I left my booking a little later than usual, I won't ever be leaving my booking that late again, not that the Japanese place wasn't nice enough other than the cigarette smoke smell it's just the Bears Den is that much better.
2011 was another good 2 weeks in the snow, had a cracker of day when Tim took us over to Cortina, recovery took about 2 hours in the hot tub that night.
Lesley suggested for one of the nights that all the guests that wanted to hop into the van that normally takes us to the mountains each morning ( even though it's a very easy walk we do get spoilt don't we ) and we go to a Sushi train restaurant in a neighboring town
( Omachi I think it was ) What a great experience I managed to get through 11 plates of some normal & unusual food
I mentioned above that we get spoilt at the Bears Den it is a feeling that I get every time I have stayed with Tim, Lesley & don't forget Riley
I'm booked again for Feb 2012
Who was it that said "once your on a good thing stick to it"

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends