We absolutely LOVED Traumerei.
Having booked through a tour company with a ski package - we didn't know what to expect.
But we found a place that we will be back to without a doubt. Why? Well...
- Location/Convenience: Shuttle bus stop to the different slopes is right out the front of the hotel. There is a drying room and locker room for ski gear too.
- An in-house onsen called "Petite Nice" (great way to relax after a day snowboarding)
- Free car transfers from the staff to anywhere you may want to go - restaurants, bars, slopes, train stations etc. This included picking us up late a night too!!
- Free laundry service
- AMAZING french restaurant - it is expensive for Hakuba but totally worth it!!
- Delicious french breakfast delivered to your room each morning - different pastries/criossants and breads, eggs (cooked in a different way each day), bacon/sausages, tea/coffee, fruit, juice.
But more than anything - the staff were so so friendly - they really went above and beyond.
The owner, a japanese wine critic, had drinks with us at their bar a couple of nights - and he even cooked us a surprise Okonamyaki dinner (on the house) when he found out it was our favourite japanese food!! His hospitality was second to none - he really cares about his guests! When we left the staff gave us presents as well - japanese crackers and a small red heart keepsake - It was really touching!
The only thing that I could improve on would be to change the mattresses - like in many places in Japan they have 2 x king single beds (effectively twin share) instead of the western double beds.
We feel so fortunate to have found Traumerei and it was the highlight of our trip so far!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Rakuten so you can book your Restaurant & Hotel Traumerei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.