All reviews half board staff was very friendly and helpful ryokan experience limited english waterfall wifi biei
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights during Christmas. The room was okay. But it turns out that it gives me bedbug bites all over me!!!!! It was disgusting! You can come here for attraction sites, but the hotel hygiene is really really bad! Now the bugs are travelling with us!!! I cannot get rid of it and everyday I m getting new bites! It ruins my supposedly perfect trip!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gisateaveller
Reviewed December 10, 2018

My colleague stayed at this hotel on November and he doesn't have very nice things to say it. However, I find the hotel is perfectly normal. It's just a very typical Japanese onsen hotel. Do no expect it to be the normal "western" hotels you find in other places.

I opted for the dinner inclusive package and I find the food to be quite good. Similarly, I feel that the breakfast is good too.

The hotel is quite a drive away (I think around 20mins) from central Biei. However it's close to the Blue Pond and just next to the Shirogane Waterfall.

As for the rooms, it looks abit dated and tired. Maybe it needs a refurbishment to counter some of the bad review here.

I also agree with another review that the lack of wifi in the room is a quite a letdown.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KWong_11
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Good points:
Near to the blue pond and a waterfall
Outdoor onsen was quaint and nice
Staff were friendly - could speak English
Japanese beds were comfortable
Dinner and breakfast was good!

Areas of improvement:
The Hotel looked pretty run down on the exterior.
There was no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby.
The room had a slight musty smell to get used too.
No frills kind of stay without any toiletries

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We booked 2 nights but had to cancel the second night and forfeited 50pct payment. Its early June but the warm weather came too early. There was no cold aircon the room, which they explained will only be turned on in Summer. We can only feel the breeze coming from a small opening in the window, and the room was so warm. The reception area is also non-aircon, so we decide forgo to the hotbath as we are already sweating! Dinner came in a very traditional set, nothing exciting about it. We missed the breakfast which started at 8am and finished at 9am for that day, do not understand why though they tried to explain in limited english. The hotel is rather remote, we drove one hour to the nearest convenience store as we are still hungry after the dinner. In all, I don't recommend if you go in June.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Overall, sadly the worst hotel during our trip. I’ll start with the good points:

- the food was excellent

However it lacked basic things which pretty much every hotel in Japan offers:

- WiFi not available in the room, only the lobby, come on it’s 2018!
- no complimentary shower gel, shampoo and conditioner available in the room.
- wallpaper falling off the wall in the room

Unfortunately I wouldn’t come back to this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018