All reviews swimming pool buffet dinner blue pond public transport buffet style observation tower tour bus outdoor onsen excellent location min drive next morning spring waterfall luggage hokkaido wear biei
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Booked for 2 nights with 2 breakfast and 1 dinner. Conveniently located near to Blue Pond, the Shirahige waterfall and the Observation Tower. Food is buffet-style with wide variety. Parking available so convenient for those who drive. These are the PLUS point. Service average but polite. Onsen available but need to pay a flat rate for each room, thus I felt it is better to pay for usage as we have only 2 adults who used the onsen and not all the 6 pax, and we are being told and billed regardless whether we use it or not. Customers with tattoo not allowed in the onsen and public pool, thus one of our group cannot use. Thus a MINUS point. Will consider future stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights...we were concerned that food might be repetitious but we were wrong. Great variety of good standard food. Rooms comfortable with good sized tatami area. Great spa wih outside area. Good location for blue pond and shirage falls. Great views.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chibikuro
Reviewed April 1, 2018

A shame I came here in winter as a lot of the local attractions (i.e. nature and scenery) were inaccessible. However the hotel itself was good - comfortable rooms, friendly staff, good selection of amenities. Excellent location for the Blue Pond and local onsen.

No tattoos in the onsen/pool areas unfortunately but I did expect this.

I only had breakfast here which was a good buffet selection and decent value. Dinner seemed a little expensive, I could be wrong, so went to a small cafe nearby. However the buffet option might be very useful for groups/families.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Check-in was really quick, they already had the room keys prepared. The twin room is spacious and comfortable. There is a public onsen and a heated swimming pool. Parking is free. The hotel provides good facilities and services but nothing beats its location. Shirahige Waterfall is just beside the hotel carpark. The hotel is also close to Shirogane Blue Pond and Tokachidake Bogakudai Observation Tower.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank sehling
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Location is good because this is close to Blue Pond and one viewing place, and also the hot spring.

Staff can only speak limited Chinese and English, but still ok to check in easily.

Really no food there unless you drive 30 mins to Biei, and there are only 2 restaurants you can choose, but choices are limited.

Room is not so big, but still ok to fit 4 of us (2 little kids) and very old style. Room families are not very advanced like the Air-condition, I can't even choose to have cold that made me hot in the whole night.

I feel like very old style for this hotel because I saw main groups are elderlies and they enjoy the hot spring there.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family