“A scenic stop out Niagara way! :-)”

Lake House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lake House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Vineland
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Lake House is open 7 days a week, serving lunch from 11:30 a.M. To 4p.M., And dinner from 4 p.M. To 9 p.M./ 10 P.M. On Fridays and Saturdays. Our a-la-carte Sunday brunch begins at 10:30 a.M. Located at 3100 North Service Road in Vineland, Ontario, Lake House features Mediterranean cuisine, including such specialties as gourmet, thin-crust pizzas and magnificent risotto and pasta dishes as well as steak and seafood. There is something for everyone on our menu. When you dine at Lake House Restaurant, you will want to save room for one of our housemade desserts. Our delectable dessert menu features our signature creme brulee, as well as our famous mini desserts - a little touch of sweetness after your meal. Lake House Restaurant was originally built in 1867 by the Moyer family. Much of the natural charm of the house has been maintained with all of its original woodwork, exposed brick and three fireplaces still intact. A beautiful sunroom has been added onto the house, overlooking the lake. Join us from May to October on our spectacular patio where diners can experience a breathtaking view of the lake. Lake House can also accommodate groups from 10-60 people in a variety of private and semi-private settings.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Lake House is a must stop--especially in warmer weather when the patio looking onto Lake Ontario--when en route to or from Niagara Falls or Buffalo areas! The scenery and service is excellent--the food very good; and the prices reasonable for the location and quality of the restaurant with affordable choices for all. Not surprisingly, competition for patio spots is fierce...we stopped mid-week during the first week and August and would have had to wait 15 minutes for a patio spot--at 1:30!! Still a great stop though and highly recommended. In between the Jordan and Vineland exits on the North Service Rd so early on and off the highway access!

1  Thank Ron M
Joseph N, Owner at Lake House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

Thank you for your review of Lake House. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Thanks, Hanne.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Although it's a bit of a drive for us, we went here for my husband's birthday. We were lucky enough to get the last table on the patio and enjoyed a gorgeous view. For lunch my husband had a steak and said it's in the top 5 steaks he's ever had, and he LOVES steak. :-) I had the butter chicken sandwich and it was very good but huge and I couldn't finish it! It also came with yummy sweet potato fries and a side salad with a really tasty dressing. It was nice that we had bread while we were waiting, most places only have that for dinner. We split the blueberry cheesecake for dessert and it was amazing. This restaurant is highly recommended, especially during patio season. :-)

Thanks for your comments. Great view and delicious food says it all! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Lake House. Thanks, Hanne.

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We had the rainbow trout special. Mouth watering delicious. Warm fresh bread, veggies just perfect and dessert to die for. The service was invisible but so quick. We wanted for nothing. Also recommend the sunrise martini. Out of 5 I'd rate it a 6.

1  Thank GeoAnger

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thanks, Hanne.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

On Aug 3 2014, my birthday, my wife made reservations for us along with our 2 teenage sons. We hadnt eaten here before but had eaten at their sister restaurant in Burlington - Stonehouse.

My wife had let them know it was a special occasion and we waited to get an outdoor table on the patio.

We started with a bottle of wine and a couple of apps to be shared.

Unfortunately, the restaurant had shortened the menu selections because of the long weekend (?) and my older son and I struggled in selecting an entree.

Our waitress knew the 2 of us were struggling - I had even asked her to check with the chef to see if there was any lamb available (it is usually on the menu and is what I had planned to have)......but she came back and said it would not be available.

Reluctantly we put in our order.

About 7-10 minutes after placing our order I overheard another waitress describing the daily features to the table beside us.....and they sounded great - Arctic Char (which I love), Osso Bucco, and the one I would have gotten if given the choice - Sea Scallops on a bed of mushroom risotto.

I immediately flagged sought out our waitress - one of the other waitresses had to go find her. I let her know she would need to put the brakes on our order - and told her why, stating that at a minimum myself and my older son would like to order one of the specials (the ones she had failed to describe to us at the outset!).

Her reaction was appalling - sorry, your food is almost ready, was the reaction - cant change the order.

Wow....several minutes later a manager came to the table....the waitress had let her know there was an issue obviously.

And in the classless approach many restaurants take to try to appease upset customers she said "dessert is on us"....for those not aware why this approach is taken is (1) it prevents revenue loss if they were to comp our meals, and (2) desserts are the most perishable of food items and get tossed often, so again the bottom line isnt affected that much.

My response was that we dont order dessert and thanks but no thanks.

To their credit the manager did come back and comp our 2 apps.....but from the time we first should have heard the specials to this point about 45 minutes had passed...it took the this long to finally take ownership of the issue they caused.

What should they have done in my opinion?....

1.the waitress, when I spoke to her about the specials, should have immediately spoken to a manager and one of them should have notified the kitchen.
2. the waitress should then have come back and gone over the specials and made any neccessary changes to our original order (it was only 2 of us who wanted to change, my wife and younger son were good with their order).
3. Even if they had to toss out 2 entrees (my son had a pasta order so that would get chucked, but my medium rare prime rib cut likely hadnt even been plated) their costs would have probably been less than $20 for these food items.

And so what did they get instead - a family that ended their evening at the lakehouse earlier than first planned. We paid our bill and left and had our second bottle of wine lakeside at sarcoa in hamilton. (the margin on that bottle would have more than paid for the above costs).

We are a professional couple - I am a successful software executive and my wife is a partner in a Human Resources consulting company. We eat out more than once a week as a family and for business frequently as well.

And the likelihood any of that dining will go to Lakehouse or Stonehouse is highly suspect.

7  Thank tom s

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience at Lake House. I truly apologize for the evening that you spent with us. This is definitely not our usual standards and I am sorry that the experience was not what it should have been. Your points are clearly taken and you are absolutely correct. This is not how it should have been handled and we will do everything that we can to prevent this type of situation from re-occurring again at Lake House or Stone House. We hope that you will consider returning and trying us again and giving us another opportunity to replace this negative experience with a more positive one. Thanks, Hanne.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

what can I say. Five of us stopped here for lunch on a lovely Ontario Summer's day we were not disappointed. Do try for an outdoor table in the Summer, one can see across to Toronto and Mississauga. We had Pizza, Escargots, Lobster and beef wraps and a brie burger, a decent bottle of Stoneyroad Chardonnay and a beer, very good value for the food but as always it is the staff who make the difference in our case it was a young lady called Melanie, will be back.

1  Thank micra03