“Good food in vineland”
Review of StoneHill Grille & Taps - CLOSED

StoneHill Grille & Taps
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
beamsville
“Good food in vineland”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Had our meal on patio. Very good meal. Everything was fresh made. Excellent service and atmosphere. Reasonable prices. Good parking.

Abbotsford, Canada
“Aunt Mary Lou's Excellent Choice!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Three of us went here for lunch and were blown away by the meal! My husband had the Vic's burger (a local butcher with best meat in the country - touted as number one in Ontario) and he honestly doesn't think he has had better! There was ample condiment - dill slices, fresh bacon, cheese and tomato. And the side caesar salad was made with fresh romaine and a creamy dressing, croutons and crumbled feta. Again, he can't say he has better.

Our Aunt has eaten there before and has tried numerous items, but her favourite is the turkey burger with sweet potato fries on the side, and like the Vic's beef burger, the turkey burger is their own fresh made patties. She did go on and on about the restaurant while we were there.

I had the prime wrap with the soup of the day (lightly spiced carrot). The soup was huge although a side and simply delicious. The wrap was big enough on it's own for me, but I could not resist eating the whole thing. Delicious!!

Our waitress, Nikki, was extremely pleasant and efficient along with a superb personality. Sometimes wait people hover too much or come too often, but she was perfect. Not in our face, but near enough when we wanted her.

The decor of the restaurant was comfortable. Everything was spotless from the silverware/table to the washroom, which is always indicative of the rest of the place. It leads me to believe that the kitchen is run the same way-very important to us! This was Aunt Mary Lou's excellent adventure for us.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 1946HappyCamper
Fort Erie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Agreed with the review below me. People will take to the web for any little hiccup but when things go great, they don't post. So I will post my positive review. Been to StoneHill several times and each time it has been great. The decor is nice, the service is good and the food is great. Is it the lowest priced restaurant in the area? No. But that is OK. There is a reason I have been there on more than one occasion.

• Visited February 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“A Great place to eat!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Taking into account the moaners are always first and most frequent to post on these sites, I feel it only fair to post positive comments fairly where due. A shame others cannot find the time to do the same and give praise when deserved as well.

A recent lunch 'date' with my wife found us here. The decor is nice, clean, and relaxing. Four other tables were occupied by patrons who appeared to be happy with the experience.We were promptly met by 'April' who saw us to our table, gave us our menus and asked if we would like a beverage. She then left us alone for several minutes while we perused the hard to choose from offerings as they all looked so good! At first glance the menu pricing did seem a little steep but we were not about to pass judgement until we were finished. 'April' returned with our beverages, answered our questions and took our orders. It seemed like no time at all and the meals were in front of us prepared to perfection, I don't know how many minutes it took because time was no a priority but quiet conversation was.

The Burger I had was homemade and huge with a side of sweet potatoe fries and dipping sauce. Fantastic! Score 10 out of 10 so far. My 'date' enjoyed the Crispy Salmon Wrap and a Caesar Salad, again huge and delicious, so much food on her plate she ended up taking half home to enjoy later. Again...Fantastic! a second score of 10!

It was refreshing to see the two servers actually talking with the other diners for a few minutes at a time if they wanted to have a short conversation. None of the "Is everything OK?" as they went flying past. Well done ladies!! Score 10 because one seldom sees that type of customer service anymore.

Now for the pricing which some have taken exception to. Our bill totalled $37 plus tip for a delightful all round experience. Let's compare this to Tim Horton's which I had the joy of the following day, stand in line, rush through order (1 lg DD, 1 Cappacino, 20 TimBits), pay your bill ($9.57), go fetch your own napkins and then try to find a place to sit down let alone a clean table. 25% for what? And some have the gall to moan over a few crumbs, suck it up buttercup! You got good value for your money. Boy, you better hope I never come to your house for a visit unless you are an impeccable neat freak!

The only complaint I had was not having any Demerara sugar on the table, which was promptly found for my coffee.

We are looking forward to our next visit with friends.

• Visited December 2013
Vineland, Canada
“Poor service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The place is very dirty the table and booth had crumbs all over it, and service is very poor. Food is okay but not worth the money.

• Visited October 2013