“Decent hotel for a quick stop along the journey”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Beveren

Hotel Beveren
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beveren
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Decent hotel for a quick stop along the journey”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I would probably not stay there more than 2 nights nor would I say it is perfectly located for sightseeing but it is perfectly suited for a quick stop.

Pros:
- Clean and modern rooms
- Great amenities (pool, sauna)
- Large secure private parking
- Close access to the highway and the hotel is in between Gent and Antwerp

Cons:
- In the middle of nowhere
- Not sure about Belgians standards but I would qualify the hotel as a 3 stars+

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here as an alternative to the last hotel I stayed at which was not a great experience.
I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, fresh and spacious. The staff very helpful. I did not have time to use the gym/spa but the hotel has both facilities available.
I only ate breakfast in the main restaurtant which was very varied and lots of selection, down to cooking your own eggs on the hotplate!
I did very much enjoy dinner at the sushi bar on site though. What a lovely surprise. Great sushi and great Gin & Tonics accompanied by very good customer service.
Enjoyed my stay here and it will be my first choice in future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Punam71
HotelVDV123, Front Office at Hotel Beveren, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear,

I'm very glad to hear that you liked your stay in Hotel Beveren. Thank you for your promising words!

I will pass your kind words about our restaurant, bar ,.. to the departments. I'm sure everybody will be very satisfied and motivated!

Our wellness and fitness are is being renovated this summer, so I hope we can welcome you again in the future, to try it out.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The staff are profesional and reception is efficient and provides good service.
Breakfast is pricey but is very good selection. The rooms are clean and well maintained.
Quiet location and a little isolated if you want to yo out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write some feedback about our hotel.

I'm glad to hear you liked our hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner after traveling around doing a world world tour, we were in our second month of travelling when we arrived at hotel van der valk, I'm know stranger to nice hotel as I stay in one nearly every night, but this was different, this place has class I would even go as far as saying a certain magic about it, every part of the hotel is beautiful, the themed room we stayed in was just amazing, I could rant and rave about this place for ever, but honestly do your self a favour look no further than this fantastic establishment, also just quickly there is an amazing sushi bar there called Ozzo, YOU MUST TRY THIS SUSHI, it's the BEST IV FOUND IN BELGIUM.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hoons69
Dear,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel!

It's very motivating to hear you like our hotel. We will give all your feedback to
our team members!

I'm glad to inform you that our wellness are is going to be renovated this summer. I hope we can have you as a guest again in the future!

Erembodegem, Belgium
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel is enormous with lot's of rooms and a fancy sushi/lounch bar.
We bought a groupon for our stay so the price-quality range was very good.
We had a nice, big room with a working airconditioning and a neat bathroom.
My girlfriend got sick to the stomach and the staff was very helpful. They gave us medication and extra comfort. (she didn't get sick from the hotel, it was the flue)
The facilities weren't as fancy as we expected it to be. There was a swimmingpool with sauna but they were very small, specially in contradiction with the size of the hotel.
The breakfastbuffet was very wide and overall delicious! They even gave us a glass of bubbles so score there.

Room Tip: We had a room in the centre of the hotel and we had a very good night sleep. Happy with our room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeroen g
HOtel2802013, Front Office at Hotel Beveren, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for giving feedback about our hotel! I'm pleased to hear that you liked your stay in Hotel Beveren.

I'm happy to inform you,that our swimming pool and the sauna-area is going to be completely renovated and expanded this summer!

I look forward to welcome you again in the future in Hotel Beveren!

Kind regards, Eveline Keppens, Front Office.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I chose the hotel because of its convenient location and booked the Amoralia suite - which looks quite pretty in pictures. Whilst overall impression is 'acceptable', the room was not worth the price. The positives are listed on hotel website... so I will focus on what disappointed me.

- On arrival found the room, clearly non-smoking, stank of cigarettes. This could not be missed when cleaning the room. Not even a sorry from reception who would 'report it next day so they would do something about it' - this did not help at all.
- No bathrobes in the room; we were expected to bring them from reception after paying 20 euros deposit each 'because they get stolen', and hand used bathrobes back to reception on departure. Deposit was taken by credit card and handed back in cash. A touch of class would be welcome when you pay 200+ euros per night.
- Nicely designed room, without sufficient attention to detail. Fancy light switches but one is left to guess which is which, even if you are not technically challenged.
- Shower door did not stop the water from running onto the bathroom floor through a 1" gap around it.
- Buffet breakfast with watery orange juice and inedible fruit salad... room for improvement there.
- Overwhelming smell of chlorine from the pool in the evening.
- Mini-bar consisted of one bottle of mineral water.
- Trains passing nearby are actually quite loud.

Overall, not impressed and while the design was nice, the service provided by the hotel left a lot to be desired. Not going back there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London/Croydon
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Asked for a quiet superior room and got one at the front of the hotel right beside a main road and a busy train line which disturbed my sleep! Room itself was fairly standard but well equipped with a good size bathroom. Mattress has seen better days and one fibre pillow 2 low and 2 pillows to high! Why can't hotels supply good quality pillows?!
The hotel has a pleasant sushi lounge and a fine dining restaurant with fairly limited menu, great if u like fish otherwise there is a limited meat section. Same menu choice for lunch. Service was appalling, took 40 minutes to be served lunch and dinner wasn't much better. We were not asked if we wanted dessert or coffee with dinner, not the kind of service you expect for an expensive fine
dining experience. Breakfast buffet is good with small selection of hot food and croissants etc.
The hotel itself is modern with fitness centre and a indoor play area for kids.

Room Tip: Ask to be at back of hotel unless you want a sleepless night due the trains
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beveren
Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum
Van der Valk Hotel Antwerpen
Leopold Hotel Antwerp
Leopold Hotel Antwerp
#3 of 71 in Antwerp

Been to Hotel Beveren? Share your experiences!