“A Day at the Safari Park”

Parc Zoologique Cerza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I didn't like my first train ride as it was a bit bumpy and we didn't see many animals, however, we went round for a second time and this time it was better. It's large and we walked a long way. The food isn't brilliant but what you'd expect in a place like this. The tigers were great to see and I got followed by lots of baby goats after some food! It was a good day out and we had nice weather but not too hot so all the animals were on view. Children were all enjoying themselves and there was something for everyone here.

All reviews
"parts"
in 5 reviews
"paths"

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 6 kids 6 and under, parents and grandparents have just had a wonderful day out at this zoo. The animals are fantastic in natural surroundings, wonderful access to see white tigers, cheetahs, panthers. The train is a brilliant idea and free (wouldn't happened in England) and takes you to bits you can't go on foot. We spent all day here (buggies can be hired) and the kids were as enthusiastic and excited when we left as when we arrived! I would recommend a picnic as the food is pretty much in the hotdog and chips variety unless you go in the restaurant. The gift shop is also v pricey but considering the reasonable entrance fees and free unlimited train, it's a small price to pay.

1  Thank 9,320
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Visited many zoo's in my life but this was the largest and closest to nature. I would recommend a stay at the safari lodge and a visit to the beautiful villages in the neighbourhood such as Lisieux for its magnificent basilica.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After reading such glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to stay at the Safari Lodge for two nights and visit the Zoo twice. Zoo is free with Safari Lodge. A good thing or I would have felt ripped off.

I am glad to now read back through the French reviews and find a couple of them agree with what we thought of the park. I am no expert, but the animals did not appear well fed or healthy with the exception of those lucky enough to be in the big open fields up top.
The Kangaroos (our main reason for going) were in a terrible state. I have visited many parks in Australia, for example, where the Kangaroos were much healthier and happier.
The goats were the wildest I have ever seen in an open space like this. They attacked my daughter to get her Zoo map and ate that and then they raided our pram storage area for the hotel reservation materials.

We were also stunned at the quality and build of some of the fences and were fairly convinced that the hungry looking tiger could easily get out if he wanted to.

I liked walking the big distances to see the animals and we also went on the train once, which was OK for what it is.

we wanted to go to the last movie screening and arrived at it two minutes early. That didn't matter, the girl had already let in the other 4 people and told us that it was closed now. We couldn't go. Two very sad children.

The Pagoda restaurant was closed when we were there so we had food from the other restaurant in the main entrance area. This was reasonably priced but of pretty average quality. Soggy pizza, soggy fries.

Bathroom facilities are typical of France, no seats on loos and a bit smelly.

Next time, we will try one of the other zoos in the area, if we are coming back through here again.

The accommodation was also disappointing but will be reviewed separately as it is technically a separate listing on TripAdvisor. That said, I will mention that the closest contact to animals we had was with the wallabies in the lodge grounds.

3  Thank NamparaCove
See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped here for a slight detour from Rouen to Honfleur. It was great to see the animals were well cared for and had plenty of space to roam - especially the ostrich/giraffe/rhinoceros enclosure. Ostrich eggs were out in the open in plain sight. For the kids, there was a part they are allowed to get close to baby goats to pet them and pose for candid photos. At some point through the safari train ride there was a part which exhibited a deforested area with tree stumps, which was a very sobering realisation of what the wildlife is rapidly being subjected to. It would have been an experience to stay in the safari lodge too. The restaurant service was also superb. We sat outdoors when it started to rain. They quickly moved us indoors to a new table and replaced our drinks with new ones as they were under the rain, even for a mere 10 seconds or less. Really outstanding service.

1  Thank LambShanks