“The lakes resort hotel ( West Lakes, Adealide SA)”
Review of Lakes Resort Hotel

Lakes Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Lakes
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed there on the weekend so we could be close AAMI Stadium and that was the only good thing. Staff were like robots with no personality except office staff when we booked in were friendly.We had dinner at Crusoe's my dinner was fine but my sisters had the seafood combo which she had one bite of and she spat it out as it was covered with scales from head to tail. My sister was offered her money back if she wanted and that was it not a free drink or dessert, the staff did not come back and see if everything else was ok. When we were having breakfast there was staff everywhere and we were the only customers and again they couldn't even ask how we were and when they picked up plates not even any manners no excuse me or anything. The room was $260. what a rip off for what a spa and a queen bed with a very uncomfortable sofa bed. Would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ali C

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Check in and out was good. Very expensive for one night, although we had the honeymoon package. included Janz champangne, box choc truffles, breakfast fully catered and in room and late check out. Parking isconvenient and easy to find and no cost. Spa in bathroom. Only thing I could criticise is no bathrobes which I'm sure if I called reception they would have been sent up. For dinner we arrived back late and opted for room service, very reasonably priced and good quality and amount of food. The big screen tv in front of the bed and the fact we had a sleep in with late chek out was fantastic, nice and relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Groover_11
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I thought it would be a great idea to stay at the Lakes Resort Hotel for my 2 year anniversary with my partner.

As we arrived we were allowed into our room straight away. It was spacious, clean and had a beautiful view.

We planned on staying two nights at the four star hotel although we stayed three. Each day we had a buffet breakfast which had an amazing variety and servious! We planned to scubba dive in the lake during the day, do some shopping, head to close beach's and relax.

Each night we ate dinner in the bistro, choosing a variety of meals. My favourite was the chicken and cashew nut wok. I actually saw my whole meal being made from the open wok design they had from our table and brought straight to me once finished by a happy, polite young girl.

The serves was amazing! Each staff member were very polite - greeting us as we walked by, and generally a smile on each face.

As i mentioned we stayed an extra night as we loved it that much. Both of us wanting to stay there longer instead of packing up and heading home and back to work.

I would deffinatly reccommend staying at the Lakes Resort Hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank jesslkorey
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stayed 1 night with family, to attend party celebration. The room was dark and carpet appeared dirty, wardrobe doors stuck, various hooks hanging off wall. I knew it would not be luxury, but cleanliness and working fixtures and fittings are a must.
Had the buffet breakfast( which was nice), however cleaners were doing their rounds, this was at 08.30 and was also pestered by staff coming round to take our plates away 3 times despite the fact we were quite obviously not finished.
There are so many better options around Adelaide than this.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank nu5687
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Good Place to stay in Adelaide, Greate veiw of lakes from the balcony of the hotel room. Service is also good.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2008

My partner and I stayed at this so called 4 star hotel. In my opinion, it does not deserve 1 star. it was our first ever trip to Adelaide. We arrived at around 3pm and the receptionists were rude and not very helpful. We waited around 30 minutes to get our luggage sent up and I ended up coming down to get it myself. There is only only 1 luggage trolley on hand in the whole hotel. The view has been over advertised, trust me, its not that big a deal. The Bistro atmosphere was quite bad. It was filled with 'shady' characters and a fight between a group and security eventually broke out. The first night we stayed there was a function and we could not go to bed till around 230 am due to the noise. Noise levels are absolutely terrible. We had dinner in the fine dining restaurant Crusoes and I have to admit, it was up to standards. The manager was very helpful and very pleasent. Much better crowd than in the Bistro and Gaming area.
We have travelled all around the world and this comes across as one of the worst we've stayed in. For around $200-$250dollars, I suggest paying the extra $30-$40 dollars and staying at the Hilton or Hyatt and getting the cheapest room there. At least you won't have to put up with incompotence.
We ended up staying only 2 nights out of the planned 5 to move into the Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TopDawgTraveller
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I've stayed in this hotel twice now. It's friendly and efficient at what it does and the view of the lake is pleasing to the eye. Rooms are adequate but unlike some hotels kids don't stay free here. Hotel service and facilites are generally very good though nothing exceptional for this class of hotel.

However this is one of the noisiest hotels I've stayed at: every closing door, flushing toilet, running shower or taps in adjacent rooms can be heard, which is a real pain if one is wanting an early night. And if you happen to be in a room close to the lifts you'll know every time a lift stops at your floor because an annoyingly audible bell dings. If there's a function on in one of the hotel's several function rooms the noise of the entertainments penetrates much of the hotel accommodation.

The food is ok but nothing special, even in the supposedly renowned Cruseo's restaurant which is pricey and in reality pretty average; better value and atmosphere can be found in the more basic bistro.

Overall I'd rate this hotel at about 6.5 to 7 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Lakes
Largs Pier Hotel - Motel
#1 of 1 in Largs Bay
The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel
Stamford Grand Adelaide

Been to Lakes Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!