“Yum Yum Yum”

The Bridgewater Mill
Reserve with
The Bridgewater Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
adelaide
“Yum Yum Yum”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate here recently Sun lunch 3 courses and it was exceptional. Food was great, wines lovely as allways. Not a restaurant to take toddlers, we left ours at home. However we did bring our 12 mth old as she is very quite and never cries and she was welcome by staff and the next door couple kept waving and smiling at her. ( two older women not a couple leaving their own at home). We enjoyed it so much we are holding our wedding reception here.

• Visited August 2012

Darwin Australia
“Everything perfect”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

After spending a week in the region on our way home to Darwin this was our last stop before Adelaide, we have had some lovely meals over the last week but our lunch was nothing short of excellent, atmosphere, food, service all put Bridgewater Mill on our not to be missed when visiting Adelaide, we even contemplated going back again the next day.

Adelaide, Australia
“an interesting experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We had the chance to come here for lunch today with friends, we also have
wanted to come here for some time
we had a late booking and were well received .......,,, we were the only table at 130pm, the waitress was attentive and professional, the prices reminded my wife and I of some Perth pubs so I think there shouldn't be too many complaints for the quality verses prices here at the Mill, the meals came out just beautiful although my scallops were cold . Everone at the table had chosen different parts of the menu and it all looked and tasted wonderful . We also didn't know where to pay as the waitress was on the phone when we wanted to pay and paid at the wine tasting counter ....... still think its hard going past D'Arenberg though for the degustation menu

Stuart, Florida
“Superb, including the service”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've just read the existing reviews and can't believe these people are writing about the same place. My party of four found the service as faultless as the food. Two of our party are vegetarians, and their food was so beautiful we photographed every dish. The setting is perfection, and we found our lunch to be the same.

• Visited April 2012
“No family values”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately, I am unable to write a fair review of my dining experience at Petaluma. My husband, my two young children, 4 years and two years respectively (from Perth), have spent two weeks dining and skiing around Adelaide and Victoria... And unfortunately this restaurant was our last meal before returning to Perth.
We were seated at the restaurant and my two year old son (after spending 12 hours the previous day driving) was slightly restless... And by slightly, I mean slightly. I was a primary school teacher and place discipline high on my parental responsibilities) and within 5 minutes of us being seated the manager of the restaurant Andrew Rust approached us and told us that he had had a complaint from another patron and asked us to 'keep our child quiet'. Having lived in London for 7 years and dined with our children in restaurants all over the world (including Gordon Ramsey, Nobu NYC ) and never once being spoken to about the 'poor' behavior of my children, I asked Andrew did he think that we wanted our child to behave in this way ?? And that we would do out very best to keep our children quiet. Andrew, then felt it necessary to let us know that the people who had made a complaint had paid for a babysitter for the afternoon and therefore suggesting that we should have...
I have no other words to add to this complaint other than - in times where it seems that family values and spending time together as a family is less common, it would be wonderful to have a place where your family can go and have a wonderful meal and share wonderful moments together... This restaurant is clearly not the place. Ok the food was fine, for Adelaide that is... But at $500 for the 4 adults and 2 'poorly' behaved kids, I'd give it a huge miss.

3 Thank Cherieandpiers