“Memories of Italy”

Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Memories of Italy”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have just visited this lovely taste of Italy for the first time. It just felt like being in my favourite restaurant in Venice. Angela & Marc are such fun as only Italian's can be.
My husband & I shared a couple of meals & also a desert, we were made to feel this was just as it should be, our choice & their pleasure to oblige.
The meals were delicious, very generous servings, & delivered with panache & humour.
We look forward to many return visits.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Heather M

“Wonderfully authentic italian food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Have been visiting this place for a few years. I have NEVER been disppointed the meals I have had here. Having just returned from Italy, I can say that this restaurant is superior to an that that I visited in Rome and Florence. The dishes to try are the seafood in napoli sauce served with warm crusty bread. The napoli sauce is made with an exquisite fresh tomato sauce that wraps beautufully around the bread for delightful mouthful. The slow cooked calmari with a light tomato sauce is also a sublime dish, which melts in your mouth. Another dish to savor is the rigatoni/penne with sausage meat - one of the best pasta dishes in Melbourne! The service is so friendly ! Marc and Angela are wonderful hosts - they make thoughtful suggestions about dishes off the menu that are authentic and delicious, often making recommendations that have never disappointed us or our guests. Make the effort to get there - it will be worth the trip!!!

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank GAHT1
“Best Intalian outside Italy”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Marcello serves authentic fresh italian food with efficient service. My colleagues and I dine here as often as we can and are never disappointed. Scoglio Pasta (shelfish) alone will make us return but the goat and fresh sardines are also a huge drawcard. Let Marcello feed you and you will not be disappointed. Meals also go down well with the reasonably priced bottle of Prosecco. During warmer weather you can also enjoy your meals outside under the lemon trees.
Marcus

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Montmorencytraveller
Melbourne, Australia
“Love it!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is hands-down one of the best Italian restaurants in Melbourne (and there are a lot!). This is a family run restaurant in true Italian style; everything is proudly made by hand. The staff could not be more warm and helpful - any reasonable variation will be accommodated. The food is simply superb! The Baldovino signature pasta sauce is a mouth watering classic. Brilliant fresh seafood. Good wine list. Reasonable prices. Highly recommended! We only wish we had discovered it years ago.

• Visited August 2012