“Stay at Abcot Inn Sylvania Heights NSW”
Review of Abcot Inn

Abcot Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sylvania B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were very happy with our nights stay. Very friendly people. We were late i(11.00pm) and had to wake the owner. But he greated us with a smile and was not fazed.We slept well and enjoyed our buffet breakfast next morning

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Terry, thank you for the kind words. It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Abcot Inn

Reviewed July 31, 2012

On arrival our accommodation was upgraded.Service was excellent, rooms nice and clean, The continental breakfast had all the cereals,with fruit and toast, you can get a hot breakfast. All the staff were very friendly and helpful in every way.Traffic noise from Princess Highway was negligible, bus to Miranda shopping centre & railway station only 300 metres away or you can walk there in 25 minutes.Taxis to domestic airport was $51 as you are about half an hour away.We will be staying there again.A very friendly & homely place to stay.
Mary & Lance

Room Tip: we stayed in room 34
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marlan2
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Lance & Mary. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. I will pass your kind comments to the rest of our team. Thank you!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Because i was in a hurry, I actually took a punt with this one- not actually checking the reviews first. I just neede a cheap hotel in that location. I was pleasantly surprised. Room was large, clean, quiet- even though next to the highway, the receptionist friendly. Only criticism was missing tiles on the shower floor. The room recently updated with quite pleasant if not luxurious feel to it.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Tim C
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear guest, it's great to see that you have enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. I would like to thank you for pointing out a maintenace issue with the room and I am happy to tell you that it has been resolved. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the Abcot Inn on the weekend visiting relatives in the area. We weren't in a renovated room as they were already sold out but the room we stayed in was well presented and clean. The furniture was older but in good condition. The bed was comfortable and we had the best night's sleep. We will definitely stay there again when visiting the Shire.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kamentso
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The rooms are out-dated to say the least. Broken toilet kept filling every five minutes, broken tiles, rubbish under bed, my 3 year old pushed one of his toy cars under and I pulled out beer bottles, glasses and other rubbish plus $2 bonus. Furnature falling apart and don't try to get a park if they have a function, or if the staff want to park in front of your room. Truely disgusting. Oh we were staying there because of a wedding and they closed the laundry. Look somewhere, anywhere else. Beds old, uncomfortable and just felt dirty, yuck. Will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julia T
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. It was disappointing to hear about your experience and I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I would urge you not to write us off yet, though. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our rooms, including new carpets, furniture, TVs and beds. We have completed about half of the rooms at this stage. They are at a slightly higher per night rate but well worth the money. Obviously you did not stay in one of those rooms, which of course is no excuse for the housekeeping and maintenence issues you pointed out. I have taken your comments on board and will make sure those issues are addressed as soon as possible.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Cockroaches, ants, and room had'nt been cleaned, rubbish under the beds and a used glass on top of the fridge! Worst place we have ever stayed. My baby ended up with flea bites! Shower curtain was wet and stinky, i felt like scrubbing my skin off after staying!

Room Tip: Check room before paying
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank southernBELLE_2510
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear guest, I was very disappointed to read about your experience. I really wish you had told us about the issues you were having straight away and given us the chance to rectify them for you. Still, I would like to assure you that I take the matter seriously and I would like to discuss it further with you. Could you please contact me on 02 9544 6444 between 9am and 3pm on a working day. Thank you

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I organised two rooms for a birthday party we attended in the area. The rooms were modest but clean. No digital tv, but who's there for that? Breakfast was included, basic, but it beat McDonalds! Service station, fruit shop within walking distance and a well priced game at the golf course just down the road. We would stay again if needed in that area.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for the great feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylvania
Metro Hotel Miranda
#1 of 1 in Caringbah
Cronulla Motor Inn Hotel
Cronulla Motor Inn Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cronulla

Been to Abcot Inn? Share your experiences!