“Nice & Clean”
Review of Abcot Inn

Abcot Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sylvania B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the Abcot Inn on the weekend visiting relatives in the area. We weren't in a renovated room as they were already sold out but the room we stayed in was well presented and clean. The furniture was older but in good condition. The bed was comfortable and we had the best night's sleep. We will definitely stay there again when visiting the Shire.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kamentso
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The rooms are out-dated to say the least. Broken toilet kept filling every five minutes, broken tiles, rubbish under bed, my 3 year old pushed one of his toy cars under and I pulled out beer bottles, glasses and other rubbish plus $2 bonus. Furnature falling apart and don't try to get a park if they have a function, or if the staff want to park in front of your room. Truely disgusting. Oh we were staying there because of a wedding and they closed the laundry. Look somewhere, anywhere else. Beds old, uncomfortable and just felt dirty, yuck. Will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Julia T
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. It was disappointing to hear about your experience and I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I would urge you not to write us off yet, though. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our rooms, including new carpets, furniture, TVs and beds. We have completed about half of the rooms at this stage. They are at a slightly higher per night rate but well worth the money. Obviously you did not stay in one of those rooms, which of course is no excuse for the housekeeping and maintenence issues you pointed out. I have taken your comments on board and will make sure those issues are addressed as soon as possible.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Cockroaches, ants, and room had'nt been cleaned, rubbish under the beds and a used glass on top of the fridge! Worst place we have ever stayed. My baby ended up with flea bites! Shower curtain was wet and stinky, i felt like scrubbing my skin off after staying!

Room Tip: Check room before paying
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank southernBELLE_2510
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear guest, I was very disappointed to read about your experience. I really wish you had told us about the issues you were having straight away and given us the chance to rectify them for you. Still, I would like to assure you that I take the matter seriously and I would like to discuss it further with you. Could you please contact me on 02 9544 6444 between 9am and 3pm on a working day. Thank you

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I organised two rooms for a birthday party we attended in the area. The rooms were modest but clean. No digital tv, but who's there for that? Breakfast was included, basic, but it beat McDonalds! Service station, fruit shop within walking distance and a well priced game at the golf course just down the road. We would stay again if needed in that area.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for the great feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Abcot Inn. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Yuck.... right on the highway so its pretty noisy. I even needed a shower after my shower. It took 15min to get the hot water to work. I'm not even sure they use cleaners. Milk stains in the bottom of the glasses. dirt on the floor and on the doonas, stains on the doonas too. Bin was full of rubbish. Naaaaasty! Formula 1 would have been better and $11 cheaper. Ha

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ChelseaBennett
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

I was very disappointed to read about your experience at the Abcot Inn. I have spoken to our housekeepers about the issues you highlighted and I would like to assure you that this is definitely not the normal standard of service we provide. I really wish, though that you had let us know about those issues while you were still here so that we could rectify them for you and make sure you leave as a happy customer.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We needed accommodation near the hospital. It was perfect. We had a refurbished room, queen bed plus a single. Room 33. Cost $125.00 for one night, purchased there. Despite the motel being located on the Princes H'way, it was surprisingly quiet. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Felt safe. What else do you need? Nice pool and bbq area.

Next door was a petrol station with a Mini Mart (Woolworths). They had an ANZ ATM also. Across the road from that was a substantial fruit shop.

3km north of the motel were restaurants, fast food, Coles. Miranda Fair was less than 5km away. Very close. Don't forget you are in Sydney and the traffic extends travel time significantly unless you head out at 2am!

Reception provided an excellent local map. Also a newspaper.

There was a restaurant which we did not make use of. Breakfast started at 7am.

If you are travelling from the south, Abcot Inn will be on your right. You cannot turn in directly but not a problem, continue along the highway for another 100 metres or so and turn right and make your way back.

I would been happy to stay here for the week which fortunately I didn't need to do!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwi1963
GM_Abcot_Inn, Manager at Abcot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for the kind review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back at the Abcot Inn during your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a family room which was newly renovated
It was a very large room with a large bathroom with a spa bath
Although not 5 star it was excellent for the price. Clean, tidy and well appointed
Great pool and no traffic noise
Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylvania
Metro Hotel Miranda
#1 of 1 in Lucas Heights
Caringbah Hotel
Caringbah Hotel
#1 of 1 in Caringbah

Been to Abcot Inn? Share your experiences!