“Excellent B n B in Esteli”

and 1 more site!
Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera
Ranked #1 of 17 Esteli B&B and Inns
Florida City, Florida
“Excellent B n B in Esteli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Spent a great one night. They were full. Fantastic Dutch hostess who speaks perfect English, who makes a great breakfast with homemade banana marmalade, yoghurt, banana bread, tasty fruits, good coffee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cuijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The house is lovely and in a safe neighborhood.
Esther is just great, extremely knowledgeable and makes the best latte and banana jam!

After a long busride we enjoyed the hospitality, hot shower and the large bed.
We only stayed for 1 night as it was on our route to Miraflor. Villa Riviera would be a great starting point for day trips.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Asten
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Spent a night at Esther B&B on november 22nd, and again was great to be there.
Feels like coming home, Esther is a fantastic friendly host, combined with relax and quiet atmosphere, excellent breakfast AND a hot shower ... what else do you need ...
Just go there and experience yourself!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We wanted to go to Esteli and saw this quaint place on AirBNB. Since we like to go off the beaten track and do things differently, we thought this would be a good option, especially since we just stayed in a horrible hotel in Somoto and the host was Dutch as well. When we arrived, we were welcomed by a Coke&Rum and directly felt at home. The place is very close, 20 minute walk, or a 5 minute taxi drive. Also the cigar tour was excellent, we rolled our own cigars :). The place is clean, breakfast fresh and healthy, the atmosphere perfect and the neighborhood safe, since the villa's around have plenty of guards. Definitely recommend, staying at Esther is Dutch hospitality with a Nicaraguan twist all the way!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of revisiting the Villa Riviera just one year after my first visit. Several improvements greeted me. The bedroom had been updated, with new shelving and a new clothes rack. A new deck with a giant table with a great variety of seating to please any wish, including a giant hammock. Esther, the owner is the most gracious host you will ever encounter and she will satisfy any request you may have in and around Esteli. The Villa is just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of town without it being burdensome to sample all of Esteli. I hope and trust you will come and enjoy Esteli, the perfect town in Norte Nicaragua, and enjoy the Villa with the most gracious host in all of Nicaragua.

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent with a private bath with hot showers. Enjoy!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Without Esther our visit to Esteli would certainly not have as rich. Not only was she a gracious host to her BnB guests, she was a loving neighbor to those who stopped in. Although Villa Rievera was a bit removed from the city center, Esther provided transportation when arranged and suggestions for taxi and bus. On our trip to the Health Clinic she was our chauffeur, interpreter, and guardian angel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bellingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were sorry to leave Esther after staying for five nights. Good food (yes, she makes banana jam), comfy bed, Great conversations around the breakfast table (often lasting all afternoon), a strong internet connection, (didn't blink out once during our stay) and a well informed resource! What more could a traveler want? Thanks many times over, Esther. You'd better get those extra rooms completed, because you're going to need them.
WATER HAS TESTED SAFE TO DRINK thanks to deep aquifer, but for those who prefer, she keeps purified water in the kitchen for a minimal price (honor system).

Room Tip: Also a savy businesswoman, Esther bought her house in the only residential community in Esteli. Ther...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple